Fiona Hewitt MBACP
1 Southbourne Cottage
01489 878787 / 07957 856852 (Text Only)
I have been privileged to have been able to help many adults, couples, families and employees with a wide range of issues since 2000, often succeeding with short term counselling. Having worked for Relate for many years, I now offer a private and confidential service from my home in the Neon Valley, convenient to Winchester, Petersfield, Fareham and Eastleigh.
Issues I have helped with include communication difficulties, bereavement, affairs, anxiety and depression.
I have also developed a more holistic approach to work with self esteem problems, assertiveness and self improvement, which helps people to live a happier and emotionally healthier life. I am enthusiastic about meeting people and passionate about helping them to achieve as much positive change in their lives as possible.
Many people experience difficult times at some point, when life seems like a struggle and you are left feeling powerless despite your best efforts. At such moments it can be enormously beneficial to talk to someone independent, positive and non judgemental, who has experience with helping others to resolve these difficulties as quickly and smoothly as possible.
My approach to helping is integrative so I am happy to adapt my style and the approach I use according to the needs of my clients. My training was in Psychodynamic theory, which focuses on uncovering our subconscious needs and emotions. I use the parent, adult and child model along with Systemic theory. I have recently added Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to my creative helping tools.
My practice is based in the comfort of my own home. I offer an initial session to talk through the problem and to decide the best way forward. This can involve either short term or longer term counselling.
- 'Extremely helpful, supportive yet objective - I can't praise Fiona enough'
- 'How do you properly thank someone who has literally saved your life? I honestly don't know but I will try to continue living in a happy and healthy way and hope this does justice to what you've done. Thank you so much'
- I found the whole experience very helpful; Fiona's manner and lovely personality made it easy for me to talk about things that I've never talked about before'
Training, qualifications & experience
- Relate Certificate in Marital and Couple Counselling Theory and Practice
- Relate Certificate of Systemic Practice in Family Therapy
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Art and Design, Central School of Art and Design, London
As a relationship counsellor I have focused on conflict resolution and resolving relationship problems through helping to improve communication of all types. I have continued to expand my knowledge and professional development through attending courses and workshops. I have also been able to help many employees with communication, bullying and other work related issues through my work for Employee Assistance contracts. My interest in self development continues to expand.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Employee Assist Counselling
Photos & videos
£40 for individuals, £40 for couples, £45 for families.
Fees are payable on the day and by cash only.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|