Fergus Greer, Psychotherapist, PG Dip., FPC, UKCP.
The Courtyard Garden
Psychotherapy And Counselling
152 Buckingham Palace Road
020 77301242 / 07900 431528
I am a Psychotherapist seeing adults and young adults,(over 18), and co-founder of The Courtyard Garden, psychotherapy and counselling, a unique, discreet, private practice in Central London.
(for those unable to meet face-to-face I also work by skype or telephone)
Life can be challenging and can feel overwhelming at times: with states of emotional upheaval from and during life changing events. Often made the more difficult, as often having to deal with major impacting external realities, while in distress.
These events and the distress from them, can often last for long periods of time: helping support those going through this is where I have a depth of professional experience: to listen, offer a safe, supportive, confidential setting,and to help understand that: you will survive it, you will get through it, and you will find a new balance in your external and emotional life.
Whatever is troubling you, call me to discuss an initial meeting, and we will decide together what might best help you.
Prior to my career as a therapist, I established and ran a successful international content producing media business, which involved living in different countries, including conflict zones, for many years. With my previous experience to support my therapeutic work, it has given me a broad understanding of how hard it can be to maintain balance in ones life.
I have experience in dealing with relationship dynamics and resolving group conflicts.
Further information about my ethos and practice can be found on my website - www.thecourtyardgarden.org
I provide long term and short term psychotherapy for adults and young adults, (over 18), in a safe, discreet setting to be able to think together about any difficulties you may be experiencing including, but not limited to:
Low self esteem and confidence
Loss,bereavement, serious illness and HIV
Career and job related difficulties.
Trauma: including being a victim or witness to rape, violence, terrorism and war.
Eating disorders and self harming
Young adults,(over 18), Students
Sexual issues, including psychosexual, gender and identity
I have particular experience of working with trauma, relationship issues around: separation, divorce, custody and finances, psychosexual, eating disorders, self harming, anxiety, depression, students.
All enquiries are strictly confidential and you do not need a GP referral to make an appointment .
For an appointment, or to speak to me, please call 020 7730 1242 / 07900 431 528 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a fully qualified Psychodynamic Psychotherapist.
- I am co-founder and Director of The Courtyard Garden, Psychotherapy and Counselling Practice in Belgravia/Victoria.
- I also work for many years for The NHS, at present at The Munro Clinic at Guys Hospital, which is part of The South Maudsley, seeing adult patients for psychodynamic psychotherapy, and carrying out assessments.
- I am a member of UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and a professional member of The Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling,(FPC)
- All these organisations have strict ethical codes, and professional standards of confidentiality and practice to which I subscribe.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
I offer a sliding scale dependent on income and the time of day you are able to attend.
Regular sessions £60-£120 and a session last 50 minutes.
I also offer some concessionary places during the day, for those in financial difficulty, students and serving or former members of the armed forces and their families.
Please contact me to discuss further.
An initial consultation is £60.00. This may take place over one extended session or two shorter sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client