180-186 Kings Cross Road
104 High Road
I am an integrative counselor and psychotherapist practicing in Central, Northwest, and North London. For me, "integrative" means that I see the body/mind/spirit as an interrelated whole, and not as three separate entities. I have trained at The Minster Centre in Queens Park, London, and have also completed training in Focusing (Levels 1-3) and Family Constellation work.
My professional/academic interests are:
1. Attachment theory (how our our earliest bonds are recreated in present-day relationships);
2. Intergenerational trauma (how we sometimes carry traumas that belonged to our parents or grandparents);
3. Body psychotherapy (how and what our bodies communicate to us and to others);
4. Constellation work (an energetic way of feeling and intuiting how and where we are placed in the world and its systems);
5. Working with older adults;
6. Trauma therapy and childhood sexual abuse.
Different clients have different needs, and a course of therapy can be negotiated and tailored to suit what is best for you. I can work both short-term and long-term.
I am qualified to work 1:1 with clients 16+ and also have experience with couples, families, and mental health patients. I see clients in East Finchley, Kings Cross, and Queens Park, all of which are easily accessible via public transport and are suitable for disabled access.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked as a volunteer counselor at citylit (2011-14) and the Low Cost Therapy Service at the Minster Centre (2012-14). I currently work as a private therapist, a volunteer counselor for Raphael Counselling (since 2012) and as an honorary psychotherapist for the Enfield Complex Care Team (NHS, Chase Farm Hospital).
My relevant degrees are:
- Masters of Arts/Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling, 2014;
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling, 2013;
- Certificate of Completion, Foundation Course in Integrative Counselling, 2010;
- Certificate in Counselling Skills, 2009.
I also have additional training (Continuing Professional Development certificates) in areas such as (but not limited to):
Trauma and Dissociation, Confer Online Module (18 hours);
Focusing Levels 1-3;
Hidden Dynamics in the Counselling Room;
Family Systemic Constellations;
Childhood Sexual Abuse;
Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse;
Self Harm and Suicide;
Death and Bereavement;
Psychiatric Assessment Today.
I will be continuing to develop my training this year (2014-15) through a 50-hour course on Embodying Theory, and weekend courses on Working with Adolescents and Working with Chronic Disability and Illness.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have experience with complex cases (such as Asperger's syndrome, bipolar and personality disorders, and schizophrenia). I work with such clients in collaboration with other specialists/carers/social workers.
Initial assessments are £50. Subsequent sessions are £60/session during off-peak hours and £75/session during peak hours. Individual circumstances will be taken into account and a limited number of concessionary spaces are available for those in need.
The third office where I see clients is located at 20 Lonsdale Road, Queens Park, NW6 6RD.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|