Farishta Jalal BABCP Accredited CBT Therapist, EMDR Therapist (BSc, PgDip CBT,)
Birmingham Holistic Health Centre
Norton Place, The Lakeside Centre
180 Lifford Lane
Hello and welcome to my page. I am Farishta Jalal. I am an accredited Cognitive Behaviour Therapist having gained my Postgraduate Diploma in CBT at the University of Derby. I am also a qualified and experienced EMDR Therapist. I have experience of working with adults aged 16+, presenting with a wide range of psychological difficulties in a variety of settings. Areas of expertise include:
Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder,
Panic and Agoraphobia
I have a particular interest in the area of psychological trauma including childhood sexual abuse, domestic violence, one-off traumas and complicated grief.
Aside from my private practice, I work for an Occupational Health service as a CBT and EMDR Therapist. My caseload includes working therapeutically with clients, assessing fitness for work and providing management advice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- (2015 - 2017) MSc Occupational Psychology - Pending results
- BPS Test - User Qualification Level A and Level B - Occupational Ability and Personality Testing
- (02/2013 - 12/ 2013) EMDR Parts 1 - 4 - EMDR Works
- (2011 - 2013) Postgraduate Diploma in Adult Cognitive Behaviour Therapy - University of Derby
- 2010 - 2011) University Advanced Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Skills and Theory
- (2010) University Diploma in Psychotherapeutics ( Person-Centred, Attachment and CBT)
- (2009) BSc (Hons) Psychology
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
I charge £60 per hour (60 minutes).
Discount for block bookings.
Payment taken in cash.
I am experienced in undertaking fitness for work assessments.
I would welcome referrals from insurance companies, GPs, other health professionals and self-referrals.
Free on-site parking is available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Fridays 09.30 - 15.00 17.00 - 22.00
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|