Eve Robertson (BA Hons). BACP Member.
Natural Healing Centre
47 Newmarket Street
As a counsellor my aim is to offer all clients an empathic and non-judgmental service. I believe that each individual is unique, for this reason, I work from the person-centred approach this means that I accept each client exactly as they are, I do not aim to 'fix' or 'advise' rather I work alongside the client on their unique journey of healing and growth.
Counselling is a facilitative relationship, I have undergone my own personal development journey and I realise the difference support and acceptance can make.
I offer counselling sessions in a safe and calm environment where each client is able to use the time and space as they wish; whether this is a time to speak about specific issues or events or whether it is simply a space to simply be you. Counselling can help the client to reclaim their own power, as a counsellor I aim to walk alongside each client, to understand the unique process whilst offering support and empathy.
People visit counselling for a variety of reasons; whether this is because of trauma, addiction, abuse, bereavement, anxiety, depression, illness, family issues and so on, whilst others may not come to counselling with a specific issue- counselling is not a fixed process, every client will come with their own unique reasons and as a counsellor I accept each client and respect each individual for who they are.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a fully qualified counsellor, having completed the BA Hons Degree in Counselling Studies.
- I am passionate about counselling and so I also teach Counselling studies to degree level students.
- I am a member of the BACP.
- I have a full DBS check and I am insured.
- I have training in mental health and a variety of safeguarding training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I work with each client as a whole, I work with a variety of issues though there is no specific criteria I focus on only. I aim to offer the same empathy and skills to each client regardless of their past or present feelings and experiences.
I work from the person-centred approach- offering a variety of approaches and methods to suit each client and their individual needs and wants.
Photos & videos
Sessions last one hour - the fee is £30.
I offer discount to those on certain benefits and to students.
I practice counselling from The Louise Healing centre - this is a safe environment and is based in Central Grimsby (New Market Street- just off Freeman Street).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work a variety of days and hours, please enquire further for session times available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|