Errikos Kotzakioulafis - MBACP PGDip BSc
9 Manor Gardens
I am a UK trained psychologist (BSc) and a fully qualified integrative counsellor and psychotherapist (PGDip). I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I offer a safe place where together we can explore your difficulties and a potential way forward. I offer a wide range of psychotherapies such as CBT, person centred and psychodynamic among others. However, decades of research has shown that the most important factor for a positive and successful outcome when it comes to psychotherapy is the quality of the therapeutic relationship. Therefore it is important that we build a therapeutic relationship based on trust and collaboration.
How I work
I work in an integrative way, which means that I use a range of psychotherapies tailored to your needs and the nature of the material you bring to therapy. I will listen to you carefully and offer you a safe place where we can explore and understand your difficulties. I will sometimes challenge you to think differently and look at things from a different perspective. I will highlight your strengths to increase internal resilience so you can enjoy life to the full. I understand that therapy can at times be challenging so my promise to you is that you have full control of what you share with me and when you share it. I work at your own pace.
Your first session
In your first session with me I will answer any questions you might have and there will of course be time for you to tell me what brings you to therapy and what your expectations are. After our first session you can think about how you feel about working with me and whether you think that therapy with me will benefit you. I offer therapy on a short-term basis (6 sessions), long-term (12 sessions) or open-ended.
Training, qualifications & experience
Why choose me?
- Over 8 years of experience supporting people with common mental health problems
- I am a fully qualified counsellor and psychotherapist
- I am trained to the high standards of BACP; UK's largest professional body for therapists
- I am insured and I receive regular supervision of my work according to BACP's guidelines
- I have experience of working with people from all walks of life both in private practice and on the NHS
- I have a background in psychology and I am a UK trained psychologist
- I make use of proven therapeutic interventions to move therapy forward
- I offer therapy tailored to your needs thanks to my training in integrative counselling
I have experience in the following areas:
- Emotional and physical abuse
- Depression and feeling sad
- Relationship and intimacy problems
- Living with chronic conditions
- HIV and AIDS
- Suicidal thoughts
- Sexual abuse
- Feelings of guilt and/or shame
- Survivors of accidents and natural disasters
- Work related stress
- Low self-esteem
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have experience of working with LGBTQ individuals and people with chronic conditions such as HIV and AIDS.
Photos & videos
My fee for an initial consultation is £30 for a 50 minutes session.
My standard fee is £60 for a 50 minutes session.
I offer sessions at a lower rate too. Please contact me if you think this applies to you.
I can offer therapy in English and in Greek.
My office is:
- 2 minutes walk from "Manor Gardens" bus stop (buses 17, 43, 263, 271)
- 11 minutes walk from "Upper Holloway" overground station
- 17 minutes walk from "Archway" tube station
- 16 minutes walk from "Holloway road" tube station
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|