Emma Thompson Registered Member MBACP
Swale Community Centres
I am a qualified counsellor (Dip. Couns.) and a Registered Member MBACP (Registration no. 100054).
Perhaps you are unhappy, feeling you are lacking joy or stability in your life? Maybe you are feeling anxious, stressed, upset, depressed or overwhelmed? I have a warm and adaptable approach, using an integrative framework to best help you.
I offer a safe place in which you can open up and feel you are accepted, heard and understood. I have access to room in the centre of Sittingbourne, just a few minutes' walk from the train station. This venue is wheelchair-accessible, with a pay-and-display car parks and disabled spaces within 100 yards of the entrance. I also work from a therapy space in my home, with parking on-street or on a driveway, about a mile from the town centre.
I can be reached by email or phone. If you phone, I may not be able to answer your call immediately - so please leave a voicemail message if you would like me to call you back. Out of consideration for your privacy, I cannot call back if you do not leave a voicemail or text message asking me to. Please ensure you have said your phone number when leaving a voicemail (if my phone is switched off your number will not show up on it). My office hours are given on my business Facebook page.
I have experience in helping in a number of areas, for example:
- Anxiety (particularly general anxiety disorder and social anxiety)
- Lack of confidence
- Family breakdown / family issues
- Self image / body image
- Self esteem
I am also particularly interested in working with people with disabilities - especially "invisible" disabilities such as fibromyalgia, CFS/ME and EDS.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Open University D171 Introduction to Counselling (equivalent to CPCAB CST-L3)
- InterPsyche Diploma in Integrative Counselling (a Level 4 & BACP-accredited course)
Recent CPD / extra training
- Attachment Theory
- Working with PTSD
- Positive Psychology
- Clinical Psychology of Children and Young People
- Self harm
- Suicidal thoughts & feelings
- Working with autistic clients
- Working with anger and rage
- Compassion-focussed therapy for depression
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Photos & videos
My fee is £35 per 50-minute session.
Please give 24 hours’ notice of a cancellation, if less than 24 hours’ notice is given then the full session fee is required.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, daytime and evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|