95A Rye Lane
'I need therapy' is a thought that has crossed your mind... that's why you're searching listings for counsellors and psychotherapists near me in London.
So, I'm Emma, lead therapist at I Need Therapy (www.ineedtherapy.co.uk) based in London.
I'm based at a new community development - Peckham Levels - in Peckham (SE15), South East London. It is easily accessible from central London and most locations across London, with links via train, busses and London overground and underground.
I specialise in trauma. There doesn't have to have been a massive 'trauma' event that has happened to you. I believe life is full of many daily traumas that cause unhappiness, depression, stress and anxiety. You might just be feeling sad. There are many experiences that life may present you with that you need to talk about. You might want to explore specific experiences or maybe you’re not quite sure how an event may have impacted your life and the people around you. You may just want to talk about how you feel. What you think. How you act. That's all fine. I have the expertise, time and space to work with you! Just give me a call.
You might be having relationship or family issues? Problems in relationships with your friends? Or perhaps feel there's something missing because you don't have these relationships at all. We can talk about all aspects of relationships and how you feel about them.
I have also specifically worked with people who have experienced rape; childhood sexual, physical or emotional abuse; and domestic violence; as well as working with women and men who have needed additional support post-miscarriage or post-abortion. So if any of these are affecting you, please also feel free to call and explore how I might help.
The space I provide for us to work together while exploring your experiences, thoughts and feelings will always be confidential, understanding, compassionate and empathic. If this is something that you feel you would like to try then please do contact me to discuss how I may help.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I'm a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist, with membership of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I appear on their Register of therapists and work according to their Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
- I have undertaken specialist training to work with people suffering from the effects of trauma and PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
- I volunteered for a number of years, both while training and post-qualification, with organisations who worked with women and young girls who have experienced rape, childhood sexual, physical or emotional abuse, and domestic violence. I continue to work with these issues in my private practice.
- I also work with women and men who have needed additional support post-miscarriage or post-abortion, and with people who are specifically carers (supporting a person who has a specific health or mental need) and struggling with the burden of this role.
- My experience spans all the common mental wellness challenges you could encounter... feelings of sadness, depression, despair, stress, fear, anger, anxiety, abandonment, loneliness, rejection, trauma and confusion. This list is not exhaustive, as I've encountered so many feelings and experiences while working with people that would be too many to list.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Eating disorders
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
There are just too many specific areas of counselling I cover to list. It's important for you to recognise that whatever mental health challenges or problems you are dealing with... they don't have to fit in a box or have a specific name.
LIFE is what we all struggle with at times. It's messy. It's varied. And I don't think any one person fits into any kind of box or experiences the same difficulties in the same way.
If you're having difficulties and need to talk. Then let's do this! Give me a call and let's start to work out how you can move forward and feel better by having some therapy.
I practice an integrative approach to therapy. This means several distinct models of counselling and psychotherapy are used together. We can explore a range of approaches. But don't worry... models and approaches mean nothing to most people. I'll just use my knowledge, expertise and experience to work with you.
I offer weekly 50 minute sessions that start on the hour.
- Weekday, daytime sessions are charged at £50.
- Evening (after 6pm) and weekend sessions are charged at £60.
There are some concessions available for students and people in the local community who would otherwise not be able to afford counselling or psychotherapy - due to income and circumstances. Please call if these apply to you and we can discuss.
Payment is in cash or via bank transfer. Payment is taken at least one session in advance to allow for reservation of your slot for the following week (details agreed during our first session).
I have a cancellation & missed session payment policy, which we will also discuss at our first session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
If you work, I have sessions available in the evening and at weekends. Some daytime appointments are still available. Please call and we can work out a time that suits.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|