Emma Marshall Registered Member MBACP (Accred)
I am an experienced BACP Accredited Person Centred Counsellor and Psychotherapist working with adults and young people aged 13+.
My aim as a counsellor is to provide a safe space for people to talk openly about their situation or issues troubling them, free from the fear of judgement or criticism whilst fully hearing and understanding what is being said. I believe in building a collaborative, therapeutic relationship built on mutual trust which has been found to be effective in helping people find their own answers and the courage to take the next steps to a more fulfilling future. Therapy may be long or short term, whichever works best for the individual.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Alongside working privately with both adults and young people, I currently work within the voluntary sector as Counselling Co-ordinator for a local youth agency. I have provided support and counselling within this agency for 5 years and counselling within a local secondary school for 2 years.
- Level 1 Introduction to Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Abuse and the effects on children
- Alcohol Addiction and Abuse Awareness
- Working with suicidal thoughts and suicide prevention
- Low self-esteem and resilience
- Working with adult survivors of childhood abuse (sexual, emotional, physical and neglect)
- Honor Based Abuse and Forced Marriage
- Supporting young transgender people
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery
- Level 1 & 2 Child Protection and Safeguarding
I abide by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists Ethical Framework for good practice and psychotherapy.
I hold a clear Criminal Bureau Records (CRB) check.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Please feel free to contact me even if your issue is not listed here as I may still be able to offer counselling to you.
Sessions are £40 per hour, paid by cash on the day. If you are experiencing financial difficulties please contact me to discuss further as I can be flexible with fees.
I understand that there are times when sessions need to be cancelled and I ask that you give as much notice as possible. I will not charge for cancelled sessions with more than 24 hours notice.
I offer student rates to Counsellors in training.
- The building I work from does have disabled access
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client