Emma Doorish Ma.Hons, MNCS, MNHS,
I am an integrative therapist who works in a very solution focused way. I use a combination of techniques such as CBT, Transactional Analysis, Solution-focused therapy as well as hypnotherapy and parts therapy.
I believe that change can happen even in the first session and that a client doesn't need to be in long-term therapy to achieve their therapeutic goals. I usually see clients anywhere from 3 to 6 sessions and together we set tasks between sessions so it's actively working towards change even outside the sessions.
Every client has different needs and experiences and therefore my approach allows for flexibility and creativity in achieving the therapeutic outcomes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Ma. Hons in Psychology (The University of Glasgow)
- Certificate in Counselling (COSCA)
- Advanced Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis and Pure hypnotherapy (IAPH)
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Chrysalis)
- Working with female survivors of sexual violence (RASCA)
- Certificate in Solution Focused Therapy (SFT), pending.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
Fees vary depending on practice location and service.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available Monday to Thursday, 9am to 9pm.
Types of client