Elspeth Shields MNCS(accred)MBACP- ConsiliumCounselling
Ayrshire Acupuncture Clinic
31 High St
The Connal Building
34 West George St
Does your life seem overwhelming, do you feel stuck with no-one to talk to? Talking impartially to an experienced counsellor can help.
Counselling allows you to explore your thoughts and feelings and is a safe place where you can be ‘yourself’ without fear of being judged. It can help you to feel less alone with your problems, more able to sort out your thoughts productively & help you to feel more in control of your life again.
ConsiliumCounselling is an Ayrshire & Glasgow based counselling service with over 20yrs experience. In this time I have worked for Social Work, in the addictions field, provided counselling for the NHS, Local Authorities and Charities, as well as individual counselling. I offer afforable counselling, with no waiting lists, at a time to suit you.
Please contact me to discuss your own needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am committed to ongoing personal and professional development through regular supervision and attending courses,
Examples of training & CPD events attended, additional to my initial training,:
- CBT Training - Christine Padesky- Cognitive Therapy Training Centre,
- Mindfulness- Abertay University
- Solution Focussed Therapy - Abertay University,
- Understanding and Coping with PTS - Priory Associates
- Overcoming Low Self Esteem- EPB Seminars
- Skills for Managing... Anger Management/Suicide/Self Harm - Skills Development Service Ltd
- Adult Survivors of Child Sex Abuse/Rape/Sexual Abuse -Social Work Services.
- Awareness of issues around Loss and Bereavement - Cruse
- Citizen Anger Management
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
6 Week Anger Management Courses also available
Face to Face counselling...£45
Full payment is required for cancellations made within 48hrs of appointment and missed appointments
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society, also a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, Early evening & Evening appointments available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|