Ellie Hemingway - UKCP Registered Psychotherapist
East Ridings Of Yorkshire
It's often a big step to ask for help, and it's great that you're taking this important step now.
You may have felt that you've had to keep going, being strong, and hoping that something will change. There comes a point, when something more is needed. Counselling and psychotherapy provides a safe place to speak honestly, explore options, and get the support to make the changes that will bring clarity, relief and a new way forward.
I am an experienced, down to earth, and supportive UKCP registered Clinical Psychotherapist.
I understand deeply the dilemmas and stresses that can get any of us stuck at various times in our lives. I will provide a safe space and support you to find a practical way through, at a pace that is comfortable for you, if you are:
- struggling to make a difficult decision
- finding it difficult to get motivated
- overwhelmed with difficult feelings
Common issues that I work with include stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, family issues, affairs, divorce, addiction (you or someone you live with) bereavement, grief, hopelessness, redundancy, career change, self esteem, confidence, historical abuse and trauma.
Common statements that people start with:
- "I'm very unhappy with my relationship and I don't know what to do"
- "I feel anxious and I can't cope"
- "I don't know who I am any more"
- "I don't know what I want"
- "My drinking is out of control"
- "My partner's drinking is out of control"
- "My weight is out of control"
- "I think my partner is having an affair"
- "I'm having an affair"
- "I'm haunted by the past and can't move on"
- "I'm struggling to cope, I think I'm depressed"
- "I'm struggling to deal with my divorce"
- "I hate my job, but I don't know what to do"
- "I'm worried about money"
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications and experience:
- UKCP Registered Clinical Psychotherapist
- Qualified and Accredited Neuro Linguisitc Psychotherapist (Dip NLPt)
- Accredited to use and train Memory Resolution©(a timeline technique)
- Couples Counselling (Juliet Grayson, BACP, COSRT: Interactive Training)
- INLPTA Certified Trainer of NLP
- INLPTA Certified Master Practitioner of NLP
- Qualified to administer MBTI© (Myers Briggs Typology Instrument)
I have insurance and regular clinical supervision.
I was a serving Board Member of the Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (NLPtCA) for 4 years from 2011 to 2015. The NLPtCA is an accrediting Organisational Member (OM) of the UKCP, (Constructivist College). As a member of NLPtCA and UKCP I abide by their strict codes of ethics and conduct.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Private and self-funding clients: £50 - £70 per hour depending on affordability
- Organisations: by arrangement based on requirements*
- Session fees are payable before or at each session
- Payments accepted by cash or online banking
- A paid invoice is provided for organisations and is available on request for individuals
- Cancellation policy: stuff happens, and you may need to cancel. If so please provide at least 48 hours notice. For cancellations made with less than 48 hours notice, the session is chargeable
*Please contact me to discuss. I can provide support on a case by case basis, and an on going workplace service.
My practice is located off Thwaite Street in Cottingham and is easily accessible by both car and public transport:
- Off road parking
- There is a bus stop outside and regular buses (every 10 minutes), taking approx. 25 minutes from Hull
- I am a 10 minute walk from Cottingham Train Station, trains 6 mins from Hull, 6 mins from Beverley
Once therapy is established, I do offer Skype sessions if helpful and appropriate.
It is really important to find the right therapist for you. If you would like a no-obligation brief phone conversation, please contact me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|