Elizabeth Smith B.Sc.(Hons.) Adv. Dip Humanistic Counselling MBACP (Accred).
I am an experienced Registered and BACP Accredited counsellor and work with people of all ages who are experiencing challenges and would like help. Counselling provides a supportive, safe space to explore your thoughts and feelings, and can increase your self awareness and your ability to cope with disturbing life events. For example, it may be that you are experiencing depression, the effects of low self esteem or anxiety, or perhaps you are struggling with a life event such as bereavement, divorce or long term illness. Exploring issues together enables you to gain insight and make changes in your life if you wish to do so.
I am primarily a Person-Centred counsellor. Where appropriate other approaches such as Transactional Analysis and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy can be integrated into the work. I have worked with children, young people and adults of all ages with a variety of issues. I aim to provide a warm, caring, non-judgemental setting to explore the challenges that face you and find a way forward. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to know more or discuss your concerns with me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling (BACP Accredited)
- BSc Hons. Biological Sciences
- I have worked in hospice and hospital settings for a number of years, and I am experienced in working with bereavement, the effects of illness and long-term conditions.
- I have also worked successfully with relationship and family issues, sexual issues, anxiety, domestic violence, abuse and depression.
- I am experienced in working with children, young people and adults of all ages.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Long term and life limiting conditions.
Relationship and family issues.
£40 per hour, concessions are available for those on benefits or low income.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss my fees further.
I work from home in a quiet area close to The Pantiles, 5 mins walk from Tunbridge Wells train station and within easy reach of car parks and bus routes.
Home visits can be arranged where there there is a difficulty in accessing transport or where there are mobility restrictions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays 8.30-4pm. Some early evening and weekend appointments are available.
Types of client