Liz Fraser - BSc (Hons), MBACP / MNCS Accred
Delce Counselling Services
132A Delce Road
Hello and welcome. I am an experienced Integrative Counsellor based in Rochester offering individual Counselling to adults of all ages for both short-term and open-ended work. My aim in Counselling is to offer a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space where you feel able to talk about what is causing you concern and together establish a way of working which you feel comfortable with.
What is Counselling?
Sometimes we can feel stressed, anxious, overwhelmed or depressed and may have difficulty coping with day to day life because of unpleasant or distressing thoughts, feelings or experiences. We may know what it causing our distress, however we can sometimes experience a general feeling of unease or disconnection with ourselves and others without knowing why.
Counselling can help facilitate a deeper level of understanding and acceptance and open up possibilities for positive change by encouraging you to explore your experiences with someone professionally trained to listen.
I am an Integrative Counsellor meaning that I use a variety of theories to support my work. I have a particular interest in Humanistic approaches and Mindfulness and in conjunction with talking in Counselling I also offer other creative ways of working to help explore past and present feelings and experiences in a safe and supportive way.
It is very important that you find a Counsellor who you feel comfortable working with and it can be helpful to meet with a few until you find the right one. As such I offer the 1st Counselling session free to provide an opportunity for us to explore your reasons for Counselling, see what it might be like to work together and how I may be able to help. There is no obligation to attend on-going sessions.
Please feel free to email, text or ring for more information or to arrange an appointment. I aim to reply to all enquiries within 24 hours. Further information about how I work is available on www.kentcounsellingforwellbeing.co.uk
Wishing you well in your search for a Counsellor.
Training, qualifications & experience
Matrix College of Counselling & Psychotherapy, Ipswich
- BSc (Hons) Integrative Counselling
- Diploma (Level 5) Integrative Counselling
Further study and training includes : -
- Bereavement Awareness: CRUSE Bereavement Care
- Roles We Play in Families (Skills in Transactional Analysis) - Deep Release
- Art & Creativity in Counselling and Therapy including Use of Sand Trays
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction: 8 week course
- Sensory Processing Sensitivity (Workshop for Professionals): National Centre for High Sensitivity
- Attachment and Traumatic Separation and Loss
- Family Systems Constellations
- Suicide Awareness
- Volunteer Counsellor in a South London charity providing Long-term Counselling and NHS time limited Counselling.
- Background of working in the NHS for over 24 years with adults in Mental Health and Physical Health services with clients and with carers.
- First hand experience of living with stress and working within stressful environments and an understanding of many of the issues facing carers who provide support to loved ones living with long term health conditions.
- Personal and Professional use of Mindfulness to develop strategies and skills for maintaining emotional well-being and developing emotional resilience.
I have lived and worked in London and the South-East for over 24 years and enjoy working with people from different cultures, social backgrounds and diverse gender and sexual identities.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- The Trait of High Sensitivity (Sensory Processing Sensitivity): Working with Highly Sensitive People (HSP's).
- Working with Carers
- Mid-Life Crisis
Photos & videos
Initial Session: Free
On-going sessions: £35 for 1 hour
Payment: Cash and Debit/Credit Cards accepted. Receipts provided.
(Some reduced fee spaces may be available - please enquire for further details)
Additional Qualifications include: -
- MSc Health Through Occupation (Registered Occupational Therapist)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies and Healthcare Management
- Diploma HE Nursing Studies (Registered Mental Health Nurse - Lapsed)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and Evening appointments available
Types of client