Dr Elena Arora, CPsychol (HCPC, UKCP, BACP Registered)
First Alternative Health Centre
172A Field End Road
My name is Elena. I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist (HCPC Registered) and Integrative Psychotherapist (UKCP, BACP Registered). I help adults (over 18 years old) and couples who need to talk to somebody in confidence about their issues, worries and concerns.
Over the years I have helped many people on their journey of rediscovering a way forward in life. My clients have benefited from therapy with me in many ways which include improvements in their personal relationships, overcoming depression, fears and anxiety, better sense of self awareness and identity, sense of clarity about themselves and others, an overall emotional wellbeing, improvements in confidence and many more. If you are unhappy or in a difficult place and interested in exploring therapy further, you are very welcome get in touch with me.
I understand that choosing the right psychological therapist is not an easy task. There are hundreds of counsellors and therapists that are happy to offer you their services. All of them work in different ways and this can be even more confusing. To help you to make the right choice there are some Questions and Answers below. These are to provide you with a clear sense of how I can help you and why you might want to work with me.
What is your approach?
I am an experienced, professional and caring practitioner. I work within an Integrative approach because I believe that there is no 'one size fits for all' approach to psychological therapy.
I have heard of CBT and Psychoanalysis, but I have not come across Integrative. Can you explain what it means?
Being an Integrative therapist means that I integrate various theoretical concepts and therapeutic ideas that help me to understand my clients and choose the best techniques to use in my work that are always tailored to my client’s needs. The models I draw on are Relational model (that uses the therapeutic relationship), Developmental model (that takes into consideration your childhood experiences), Psychodynamic model (that deals with unconscious processes), CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) and Gestalt model (that looks at how you organise and perceive the world and people around you).
What is your stance as an Integrative psychological therapist?
I pride myself on my ability to tailor my responses to the needs of each individual client I work with. My therapeutic stance can be described as warm, supportive, direct, calm, empathic and, at times, challenging. I create safe and confidential therapeutic environment that allows my clients to feel comfortable to discuss their personal problems, worries and concerns.
What issues do you work with?
I specialise in working with the following issues:
- relationship issues/family issues
- affairs and betrayals/separation and divorce
- depression including post-natal depression
- anxiety (general anxiety, panic attacks, fears, phobias, OCD)
- stress/work related issues/negative thoughts
- repeating life patterns/personality traits
- post-traumatic stress
- low self-esteem/lack of self confidence
- anger management
- bereavement and loss
- feeling stuck in life/life crises
How can you help me?
Drawing on my experience, qualifications and knowledge I will be with you when we discuss your worries and concerns. Whilst you can talk to me about any issues that you feel are useful for you to discuss, I will intervene by asking you questions, offering interpretations, or simply listen to what you have to say. On occasion, I may challenge your beliefs or offer you 'tools' to deal with a particular issue or, explore what changes you might like to make. As a result of our sessions I you will gain understanding, insight and awareness about your issues which, in turn, will allow you to recognise new perspectives, options or possibilities that you may have not thought of before.
Why should I work with you?
My professional experience within the field of mental health spans across more than five years. During this time I worked with people from many backgrounds. People that I have helped came to me for various reasons and I have seen them making positive steps forward in their lives. I am confident that I can help you to make a real difference in your life too. I have a deep passion for my work, rich life experience, an in-depth professional knowledge and excellent interpersonal skills. I am also friendly, approachable and easy to talk to. These qualities make me different from others therapists in my professional field.
To help you understand whether therapy with me is the right choice for you and to make you feel comfortable about your decision I offer my clients an introductory meeting of up to 30 minutes free of charge with no obligation to continue unless mutually agreed. Furthermore, I provide therapy either face to face in my practice or via Skype and have a range of therapy packages available to suite different needs or levels of commitments.
How can I contact you?
Initially, it is best to contact me via my email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone 07850264155 for a brief chat. Please do leave a message in case you get my voice mail and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
If I think I am the right therapist for you, I will ask you to complete a short registration form via email that will give me an initial sense of you and your issues. Following this, we can arrange for an introductory meeting (not a therapy session) that lasts up to 30 minutes and can take place either face to face at my office or via Skype. This meeting is FREE of charge.
What happens at the FREE introductory meeting?
The purpose of the meeting is for us to explore how therapy with me may be helpful to you and if this is the right way forward. During this meeting I will also explain to you how I work and what therapy packages I offer. In addition, this meeting gives you an opportunity to ask me questions about me and how I work to help you to make the right decision.
What is your location if I wanted to meet with you face to face?
My practice is situated in Eastcote - Middlesex, a short walking distance from the Eastcote Tube Station (Metropolitan or Piccadilly lines). There is an ample parking available in the area on a pay and display basis.
Sessions & Payments
Individual sessions are 50 minutes long / Couples sessions are 1 hour 15 minutes. Sessions continuity is important in therapy in order for it to be effective so it is important that sessions are regularly attended. Once a commitment to therapy has been agreed your allocated space will not be available for anyone else. Payments are due in advance of the sessions and can be made via secure payment facility (PayPal or Bank Cards accepted) on my website www.elenaarora.co.uk.
I am a Registered Healthcare Provider with several major health insurance companies including Aviva, Vitality Health (previously PRU Health), CIGNA which means fees may be recoverable for people who are insured. Different fee structure applies to those who wish to pay for the sessions via health insurance. Please contact me to discuss. Furthermore, clients should check with their provider for more information.
Therapy Options for Individuals
1) Pay as you Go - £70 per session. Sessions can be arranged on an ad-hoc basis depending on your individual needs and requirements. Any missed or cancelled sessions are charged at a full fee unless 4 working days notice has been given.
2) Block of 6 sessions - £400 per block, session are held on a weekly basis on the same day at the same time.
Therapy Options for Couples
1) Pay as you Go - £150 per session. Sessions can be arranged on an ad-hoc basis depending on your individual needs and requirements. Any missed or cancelled sessions are charged at a full fee unless 4 working days notice has been given.
2) Block of 4 sessions - £550 per block. Sessions are held on a weekly basis on the same day at the same time.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy by Professional Studies at Metanoia Institute - Middlesex University
- Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy at Metanoia Institute
- Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychodynamic Counselling at Metanoia Institute
- FCert. in Psychotherapy and Counselling at Regents College of Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology at Moscow State University, Faculty of Psychology
- Metanoia Counselling and Psychotherapy Services
- Hillingdon Mind
- Ealing Abbey Counselling Services
- CNWL NHS Foundation Trust, St. Charles Mental Health Centre
- Person 2 Person Consultancy Limited
Membership of Professional Organisations
- Member of the Metanoia Institute
- Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society (CPsychol)
- HCPC Registered as Counselling Psychologist (HCPC Reg.)
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Reg.)
- Registered Member with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP Reg.)
My work is supervised on a regular basis by a suitably qualified and experienced professional in accordance with the requirements of the profession. I abide by the code of ethics set out by the professional organisations with whom I am registered: Metanoia Institute, the BPS, BACP, UKCP
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
Photos & videos
Individuals (50 min)
£70 - one off/ad-hoc basis
£400 - block of 6 sessions/weekly basis
Couples (1 hour 15 min)
£150 - one off/ad-hoc basis
£550 - block of 4 sessions/weekly basis
Fees are due in advance of the sessions and can be paid via secure online payment facility (PayPal/Bank Cards) at www.elenaarora.co.uk
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 10 am - 4 pm and Friday 10 am - 3 pm. Please contact me for Skype availability. I am not available evenings or weekends.
Types of client