Whatever is worrying you or causing you distress...you don't have to cope alone.
Whether you need to feel supported through an emotionally difficult time, have particular issues you want to explore in some depth, or want someone alongside you as you make changes in your life - talking to a qualified and experienced counsellor, in a safe, non-judgemental space, can really help. There is a lot of truth in the old saying " a problem shared is a problem halved".
My broad training and experience enables me to tailor my approach to suit you and your specific needs - Humanistic at the core, yet incorporating aspects of other models eg: Solutions-Focused, CBT, Coaching, Motivational Interviewing, Creative Arts Therapies.
- I offer face to face counselling to individuals in a small, comfortable, private therapy room in Littlehampton.
- Daytime, Evening and weekend appointments available.
- Potential for telephone counselling once face to face relationship has been established.
Training, qualifications & experience
My experience to date has been gained counselling adults (men and women aged 18-80, from all walks of life), with a broad range of presenting issues such as: anxiety, stress, depression, substance misuse and addictions, bereavement, job loss, work related issues, abuse, bullying, low self-esteem, family and relationship difficulties.
I currently work in an NHS community counselling service, and previously worked in an NHS Hospital counselling service, Employee Workplace Counselling Service, a Substance Misuse and Addiction Service and Rehabilitation Home.
Training and Qualifications:
- BA Hons Humanistic Counselling - University of Chichester
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling - University of Chichester
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
Numerous training courses attended including:
- Working with substance misuse and addictions
- Solutions Focused counselling
- Motivational Interviewing
- Counselling for Sexual Issues
- TA 101
- Working with Sandtray
- Use of Creative Arts in Therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
£40 per session (discounts for students)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Some evening and weekend appointments available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|