Edwina Clark MBACP (Accred) UKRCP
35 Madingley Rd
3 Popes Lane
I work in Cambridge, Warboys and St Ives - moving flexibly between the three places - daytime and some evenings. Until recently, I was a voluntary counsellor for MIND in St Neots and Huntingdon. I also do EAP work.
This work has brought very different clients, with widely ranging issues and concerns.
My core training was psychodynamic, and I place the relationship at the centre of my work, acknowledging how the past may affect present feelings and behaviour.
However, I integrate aspects of other counselling models, as appropriate, to heighten challenge or give focus to time limited work.
I work 1:1 with individuals - short or long-term.
Together we can:
- identify problems or challenges
- focus on what can change
- gain fresh perspective
- consider the consequences of different options
- acknowledge the impact of life events on emotional well-being
- focus on moving forward
- identify personal strengths and coping strategies to enable change or manage crisis
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified and accredited counsellor.
I gained my Advanced Diploma in psychodynamic counselling from Cambridge University.
I have worked in association with -
- a GP surgery
- a mental health charity
- in private practice
- EAP work
I have received further training in -
- Counselling for Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse (Choices)
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Foundation in Group analysis (Cambridge Institute of Group Analysis)
- MBSR - Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (Cambridge Body Psychotherapy Centre)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
My initial training and work was in scientific research, working for a national organisation.
I later worked in education, working with special needs children. The work was on a one to one basis, needing clear communication; ability to build trust; patience; fine-tuning to another person’s abilities and needs; determination to reflect on outcome and try a different approach - relying heavily on my own interpersonal skills and and ability to connect.
I have worked with children on the autistic spectrum; those with speech and language impairment; cerebral palsy and children with behavioural problems resulting from neglect and abuse.
I place great value on creativity - particularly music.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|