Dr Donna Coupland MSc BPC MBACP (Snr.Accred): BACP Senior Accredited
No. 4 Knights Farm
223 Newton Road
I am a highly qualified and experienced psychodynamic counsellor and psychotherapist, registered and accredited as a senior practitioner by the BACP. I am also a registered member of The British Psychoanalytic Council.
I offer both short term and long term counselling and psychotherapy and I am able to help clients with a wide range of issues, including, but not limited to: anxiety, depression, relationship issues, family issues, separation and divorce, affairs and betrayals, postnatal depression, abuse, stress and bereavement. Concessions may be available in certain circumstances.
I also find that a lot of people don't quite know what's wrong in their life, but that they feel that something is missing, or that they are increasingly aware that they are unhappy. I am able to work with you if you don't know what is wrong, but you want some help in exploring who you are and what you want out of life.
It can feel very daunting to take the first step in seeing a counsellor, but often making the decision that something is wrong, and you need help, is actually the first, and hardest, step. So, you have come a long way already.
You are more than welcome to get in touch just to ask some questions about counselling or psychotherapy, I will be happy to help.
Please visit my website for more information about me: www.northamptontherapy.co.uk or send me an email: email@example.com, or give me a call: 07890 020241.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have an MSc in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy from Birkbeck College, University of London.
- I hold Senior Accredited Counselling/Psychotherapy status with the BACP.
- I also have three academic degrees, from De Montfort University (BA First Class Honours,1999) Oxford University (MSt, 2000) and University of Leicester (PhD, 2004).
- I am widely experienced in voluntary, statutory and educational settings.
- I have worked as a Senior Psychotherapist in the NHS.
- I have been an Associate Tutor and Supervisor on the MA in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of Leicester.
- For four years I worked as Clinical Manager at Rushden Mind and I have a wealth of experience in working with mental health issues.
- I am a counsellor for Health Assured's and CIC's Employment Assistance Programme.
- I am a counsellor for the insurance company Aviva.
- I have worked as a counsellor in a number of agency settings, including Luton Sixth Form College, Milton Keynes Mind, Northampton Counselling Service and the NHS Psychotherapy Service.
- I am a senior accredited member of the BACP and abide by their ethical framework.
- I am also a registered therapist on the BACP Register for Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- I am a registered member of the British Psychoanalytic Council and abide by their code of ethics.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
£45 per session.
I offer daytime, evening and weekend appointments to suit you.
Professional and prompt response to all enquiries. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and weekend appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|