Dolores Fernandez - Counsellor MBACP
Hello, my name is Dolores. I am a qualified Counsellor and member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy BACP. Feelings of shame, guilt, sadness and anger can affect how we feel about ourselves, our relationships’ and the way we live our lives. Being able to speak with someone you feel comfortable with can help you sort through thoughts and feelings.
Counselling can help you understand yourself better, help you find direction and enable you to have peace of mind. I offer short or long term therapy for adolescents and adults in a Gravesend Town Centre location. Some weekend/evening appointments are available.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Counsellor for Family Matters who are a leading provider of support services for childhood sexual abuse and sexual violence in the country. I have specialised training and work experience with sexual abuse, rape and sexual assault. Previously I was a Primary Care Psychological Therapies (PCPT) Therapist and provided short-term therapy for NHS clients through the IAPT program via North Kent Mind.
My previous roles with Family Matters include; Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) for adults, Crisis Worker, Admin, and Helpline volunteer. Currently I am in the position of Children's Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (CISVA).
As an Integrative counsellor I am guided by the Humanistic Approach which is person centred, Psychodynamic Theory which explores childhood or past issues/experiences and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - CBT which looks at thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
- Crisis Worker Training
- Child Sexual Abuse Workshop
- Working with Rape & Sexual Assault
- Young People & Sexual Exploitation
- Child Protection Workshop
- Effective Practice when Working with Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Self harm & Injury Workshop
- Role of Deception in Interpersonal Trauma
- Understanding & Managing Personality Disorders
- Trauma, Substance Misuse and Addiction
- Working with Shame
- Overview and Dynamics of Domestic Abuse
- Counselling Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Concepts
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Weekly or fortnightly individual sessions are 60 minutes and fees are £25 for the first assessment session and £35 for subsequent sessions. Couples weekly or fortnightly sessions are £30 for the first assessment and £40 for subsequent sessions.
I work with adolescents and adults in a Gravesend Town Centre location. Some weekend and evening appointments are available.
Feel free to ring me or email me for any further information, if I am unable to take your call please leave your name and number and I will return your call as soon as I am able to.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
weekdays, some evenings and weekend appointments
Types of client