Often when anxious, depressed or stressed feelings can be overwhelming and we feel we have no where to go; it can be a lonely and confusing place. However, talking can really help you unpick and unravel the problem and get to the core or root cause, which will put you back in control of your feelings, and on the road to recovery and empowerment, free of overwhelming stress and anxiety.
As an experienced counsellor, who is passionate about helping you to help yourself, I offer face to face counselling for a wide variety of issues, some of which are mentioned below. Even if your issue/concern/problem is not amongst the list, I can still help. Your problems are, like you, individual, and that is how I treat you.
I find I have great success working with clients who have either low self esteem or low confidence and/or anxiety related stress. Changes counselling can make in a short space of time can be amazing. I wonder how quickly you would see the difference?
Are you feeling:
- Anxious, stressed or depressed?
- Experiencing problems in your relationships?
- Lonely and isolated?
- Generally unhappy?
- Feeling overwhelmed?
- Stressed at work or fear redundancy or unemployment?
- Suffering from grief or loss?
- Wanting to come to terms with painful experiences from the past?
- You want to take control of your life, but need help in doing this?
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications are:
- Professional Clinical Hypnotherapy (Doncaster)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (Doncaster)
- Diploma Therapeutic Counselling (Kirklees College, Dewsbury)
- Counselling Skills (Leeds Met University)
- Neuro Lingustic Programme Practitioner (Leeds)
- Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- Registered Midwife (RM)
- Children’s Nurse(RSCN)
- BSc (Hons) Health Visitor
- Diploma Aromatherapy and Swedish Massage
I am a member of the following professional bodies:
- MBACP (Member British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Yorkshire Counselling Network
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Low self worth
Low self esteem
High levels of anxiety and panic.
Bereavement and loss.
- Individual Counselling and Coaching £40 per session
- Couples/relationship counselling - £50per session
- I welcome working with students and offer concessions - please ask.
I have wide and varied experience, both professionally and personally. Professionally I have worked in the NHS for over 30 years, as nurse, Health Visitor and manager of services, as well as having my own private practice. I now work as a Bereavement Support Worker at Martin House Children's Hospice, Boston Spa, as well as working in my own busy private practice.
Personally I am a wife, mother and grandmother recognising the pleasures and pressures these wonderful roles in life bring. Clients are assured of complete confidentiality, and a high quality service which is delivered to meet their individual needs and requirements.
- Also registered with Hypnotherapy Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-weds evenings, Thursday Friday daytime.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have a Diploma in Supervision after studying at Leeds Centre for Psychological Development.View supervision profile