Diane Taylerson MBACP Registered
07954 384 651 / 07954 384 651
TuesdayI am a BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) Registered Counsellor and hold a Degree in Counselling with Distinction from the University of Bristol.
I am also an accredited Counsellor, Supervisor, and group facilitator for Cruse Bereavement Care with over ten years’ experience. In addition to this I have worked for well-known child bereavement Charity providing support to parents and their families following the death of a child.
- One to one counselling covering a wide range of issues, and or challenging life circumstances to persons over 18 years of age.
- Sessions may be on a short or long term basis.
- Specialist bereavement counselling for complicated bereavement, multiple losses and the loss of a child.
- Appointments available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:30am -6:00pm (near ring road)
- Home visits within a 5 mile radius covering South Glos & Bristol
How can counselling help?
Counselling provides you with an opportunity to work through things in your life that are causing you distress and to find more satisfying and rewarding ways of living.
There are so many reasons why people seek counselling; for some, it may be that they are going through a particularly difficult time in their life, that may be linked to a relationship breakdown, work, illness, personal problems, or feelings of dissatisfaction with life in general. Others may be suffering from anxiety, depression, or low self esteem. Suffering from a recent or past bereavement.
Counselling, offers a place where you are able to talk about anything that is bothering you, however large or small. Your concern may be about something that happened years ago, or you may need to talk about a particular problem in your current life. You may not even have a specific problem to bring but are aware of unsettling feelings of unhappiness or confusion.
I am able to offer you a safe and confidential space where you are given the freedom to express and explore difficult, confusing, painful emotions, or traumatic experiences in a professional and supportive way.
Some of the issues people bring to counselling:
- Stress and depression
- Low self-esteem, identity and/or confidence
- Relationship issues (individual)
- Affairs and betrayals
- Separation and divorce
- Major life changes and transitions
- Addressing unwanted patterns of behaviour
- Facing difficult decisions about the future and the day to day challenges facing families and individuals
- Complicated bereavement, suicide, murder, multiple losses, loss of a child, anticipatory grief (people facing life threatening illnesses) and effects on family members
- Freedom, choice and responsibility. Inner conflict and the desire to live more authentically
I am an Integrative Counsellor working from a Humanistic perspective
Practitioners of integrative counselling are trained in several different approaches. They do not believe that one approach will work for every client or in all situations.
All information disclosed during the counselling process is held in confidence.
There are one or two exceptions to this, which will be discussed with you during the first session.
Whether your difficulties are long-standing or you feel you may need some support to get through a difficult time- please feel free to contact me:
I practise at:
Bristol BS15 where ample parking space is available,
The Park Centre, High Street, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 4AR. I am able to offer evening appointments- based at the Park Centre, on Thursday evenings from 6:00 pm-8:00pm
- Mobile: 07954 384 651
- Click here to email me.
- Website link is at the top of this page.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) Registered Counsellor and hold a Degree in Counselling with Distinction from the University of Bristol.
I am also an accredited Counsellor and Supervisor for Cruse Bereavement Care with over nine years experience. Still within Cruse Bereavement Care I provide group and one to one supervision to Cruse volunteers- as well as facilitate an open support group for people/families who have tragically lost a loved one to suicide
In addition to this, I have worked for a well-known child bereavement charity providing support to parents and their families following the death of a much-loved child.
Specialising in Bereavement Counselling:
- Complicated bereavement, suicide /murder, multiple losses, child loss/s, anticipatory grief -people facing life threatening illnesses, and effects on family members.
- Experience of working with a wide range of issues
I am a Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP.
As a member of the BACP I adhere strictly to its Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
In accordance with BACP guidelines, I attend regular supervision and follow an ongoing programme of Continuing Professional Development Training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Specialist Bereavement Counselling:
Complicated bereavement, suicide /murder, multiple losses, child loss/s, anticipatory grief -people facing life threatening illnesses, and effects on family members.
One to one Counselling
Covering a wide range of issues to persons over 18 years of age.
ONE TO ONE
Initial consultation - £20 for 50 minutes
Further sessions - £35 for 50 minutes
Thursday evenings held at BS15 4AR from 6:00pm to 8:00pm are charged at £40.00 per 50 minute session
Home Visits are charged at £40:00 per 50 minute session
Areas covered within a 5 mile radius of BS15 include Keynsham, Bitton, Willsbridge, Brislington, Downend, Warmley, Wick, Frampton Cotterall and St George.
I will shortly be offering on line Counselling
I also offer some concessionary rates. Please enquire.
Home Visits-Counselling Sessions
I am able to offer counselling sessions within a five-mile radius of BSI5 (covering Bristol and South Gloucestershire) for people who for various reasons are not able to travel. Home visits are only provided to people suffering from a recent of past bereavement and take place between 9:30am to 4:00pm please contact me for available days.
- “You have been so caring, thoughtful and supportive to me and that I shall never forget.”
- "I think you are amazing, it’s been great meeting you, and being able to share everything with you.”
- “Dear Diane, Just to say thanks for being there for me.”
- “Thank you so much, you helped me look at my situation in a different way.”
- "Dear Diane, there are no words to describe my gratitude to you.”
- “Thank you for all you have done for me.”
Mobile: 07954 384 651
Website link is at the top of this page.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer day time and evening appointments in (BS15 area) from 9:00 am until 6:00pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|