I am a qualified psychodynamic counsellor and executive coach. Whether it is difficulties in the work place or life at home, I offer a confidential non-judgemental setting to talk about what is happening for you and how it is making you feel.
There can be times in our lives when we might be unable to manage or control our feelings leading to us becoming anxious, angry, stressed, or depressed. Many people can experience repeated difficulties and re-occurring patterns and do not understand why.
Talking to the right person in an empathic therapeutic relationship about the present, and when relevant the past, can help us to come to terms with the present and gain self awareness and new perspectives about how we arrived here. It can help us to break the chains which limit us from our past and find a way forward to live life differently.
I work with individuals to facilitate deeper self understanding, changing how you see yourself and the choices you have made, leading to different options and outlooks for your future.
I also have a specialist training and interest in issues relating to adoption- providing counselling to adoptees and adopters alongside coaching to support prospective adoptive parents in the workplace.
I can provide a space to explore using
- Open ended psychodynamic counselling,
- Brief focus counselling,
- Or an integrated coaching therapy approach – a bespoke approach focusing on the future but rebalancing where necessary aspects from the past.
I can offer both day time and evening appointments in a location in Southborough, Tunbridge Wells with easy access to parking. .
I like to meet with a prospective client for an initial meeting, which usually lasts 1.5 hours. During that time, both you and I are able to decide whether working with me in a therapy or coaching context is the appropriate way forward for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling (WPF)
- Senior Coaching Practitioner (European Mentoring and Coaching Council)
- Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Member of the Association for Intergrative Coach Therapist Professionals (AICTP)
- Approved Counsellor for Adoption Placement and Support Services (Barnardos) including Attachment Focussed Family Therapy.
My professional career has included more than 15 years in corporate roles in global marketing, strategy, business development and consultancy. After training in psychodynamic therapy, I have worked with individuals in both a private counselling agency and an NHS setting. As a coach, I have worked with many professionals at different life stages to overcome challenges in their working lives and find a way forward to achieve the work fulfilment and life balance to which they aspire.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Initial Assessment Meeting: £75
Weekly Counselling: £50 per session
Coaching or Integrated Therapy and Coaching: from £80 per 1.5 hour meeting.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday daytime and evening appointments available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|