Kym Dalley Registered MBACP
I am an experienced BACP registered person-centred counsellor offering a warm, respectful and confidential therapeutic relationship. It has been my privilege to work with several charities in South Wales, each meeting specific needs in their communities through which I have gained valuable additional experience in a number of specialist areas.
My counselling experience includes working with children in an inner city primary school, supporting bereaved people within the local community, working in a Primary Mental Health care setting with GP referrals and working with survivors of sexual abuse and rape. I currently work in my own private practice, 'Possibilities', working with a wide range of client groups, as a commissioned counsellor with Mind and also with corporate clients. I would describe my work as safe, intuitive and thorough. I respect the uniqueness of every individual and offer clients the option of exploring their concerns through a range of creative means if they choose to.
I am fully insured, DBS checked, attend a variety of regular supervision sessions and adhere to the BACP's ethical guidelines. I attend a variety of ongoing training opportunities as a commitment to my continued professional development. Having a history of working closely with individuals with a broad range of specific learning disabilities, I feel that this is knowledge and experience that I also bring to the counselling relationship. Where necessary I am able to modify counselling to suit a range of individual needs.
Please feel free to contact me and ask any questions about the counselling process, I understand that it will be important for you to find the right counsellor who you feel able to work with.
We all experience difficult times, sometimes causing us to feel a sense of being lost or unable to find a way forward. Counselling can provide a much needed space, a time that is truly ours; where we can feel free to talk about our difficulties, challenges and concerns without fear of judgment. This can allow us to explore our feelings, consider our options and perhaps make changes if this seems right to us. Strategies for dealing with difficulties may be developed and new perspectives often emerge. Many clients describe feeling that they have regained some sense of control over their situation and experience greater understanding of their needs, value and strengths.
There are occasions when it may be difficult to access face to face counselling perhaps due to mobility issues, disability, extreme shyness, work shift patterns or child care challenges. Telephone counselling can provide a convenient option in this situation. Please feel free to email me if you have questions about telephone counselling, I'd be happy to answer them.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling : level 4
- Cruse Awareness in Bereavement Care
- University of South Wales Module 'Working with adults who have been sexually abused' : level 4
- Multiple training with Place2Be specifically related to work with children.
- Telephone counselling training; working with long and short term clients.
- ASIST Training (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training).
- Advanced Mental Health Awareness.
- Public Health Wales: Mental Health first Aid training.
- Sexual Violence and Substance Misuse training.
- Cruse Sudden & Traumatic Death additional training.
- Cruse a child's Grief additional training.
- Brief intervention therapy training.
- Protection of vulnerable adults training.
- Safeguarding children and young people.
- working with eating disorders training.
- Personality Disorders training
- School counsellor for 2 years in a primary school setting.
- Cruse bereavement support worker for 18 months
- Mind volunteer counsellor working in a primary care mental health setting for two and a half years , Mind commissioned counsellor working with private clients.
- Private practice and counsellor with established counselling provider to corporate clients.
- New Pathways counsellor working with adults who have experienced sexual abuse/ rape.
- 3 years experience working with a range of Special Educational Needs.
- Monitoring clients mental health in a GP setting.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Experience in working closely with individuals with a broad range of specific learning disabilities.
- £40.00 Per hourly session
- The first session will be to assess your situation and difficulties, will allow time for any questions you may have and will provide the opportunity to see if I am the right counsellor for you
- Reduced fees may be considered for unwaged clients.
- Telephone counselling sessions as per face to face fees (payable by bank transfer in advance)
- Counselling students concessional rate
I currently work in the centre of Merthyr Tydfil, in a comfortable and easily accessible room within short walking distance of ample parking. The building is fully accessible for wheelchair users.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me to dicuss times when you might like to arrange an appointment. I currently have some availability during the daytime weekdays and evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|