Kym Dalley Registered MBACP, Accredited registered Rewind trauma therapist
I am an experienced BACP registered counsellor working in private practice. I offer a warm, respectful and confidential therapeutic relationship, working with both long and short term clients. Having worked in a variety of organisations delivering counselling including a Primary Care mental health setting , a sexual abuse and rape centre and in private practice , I have acquired valuable experience in a number of specialist areas.
I currently work with private and corporate clients with a wide range of client concerns including trauma, depression,bereavement, anxiety and relationship difficulties. I would describe my work as safe, effective and thorough. I understand the importance of working carefully with trauma, helping clients to manage difficult trauma symptoms and vitally how to moderate an appropriate pace and intensity of sessions to suit the client.
As an Accredited Rewind Practitioner registered with IARTT (International Association for Rewind Trauma Therapy), I use specialist skills to help clients who are experiencing the after effects of trauma. Rewind trauma therapy is an internationally recognised treatment for flashbacks, PTSD and phobias. Many clients have found that this treatment has enabled them to move on dramatically from reliving traumatic events. Click here for Further information about REWIND
I respect the uniqueness of every individual, believing in the potential that we all possess to find our own way forward. I offer clients the option of exploring their concerns through a range of creative means if they choose to.
I am fully insured, DBS checked, attend regular supervision sessions and adhere to the BACP's ethical guidelines. I attend a variety of ongoing training opportunities as a commitment to my continued professional development. Having experience of working with people with a broad range of specific learning and physical disabilities, I feel that this is knowledge and experience that I also bring to the counselling relationship. Where necessary I am able to modify counselling to suit a range of individual needs.
Please feel free to contact me and ask any questions about the counselling process, I understand that it will be important for you to find the right counsellor who you feel able to work with.
We all experience difficult times, sometimes we may feel a sense of being lost or unable to negotiate a way forward. Counselling can provide a much needed space, a time that is truly ours. A safe place where we can feel free to talk about our difficulties, challenges and concerns without fear of judgment. This can free us to explore our feelings, consider options and make changes if this would be helpful. Everyone is different, so everyone's counselling journey looks different. Some people only require support for a short time but others may need longer term help. During counselling, many clients find that they begin to develop strategies for dealing with difficulties and new perspectives can often emerge. Many clients describe feeling that they have regained some sense of control over their situations and experience a greater understanding of themselves, their needs, their value and their strengths. I feel a great sense of privilege as I join these clients as they embark on these very personal journeys.
There are occasions when it may be difficult to access face to face counselling for a number of reasons ; telephone counselling can provide a convenient option in some situations. Please feel free to email me if you have questions about telephone counselling, I'd be happy to answer them.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Cruse: Awareness in Bereavement Care
- University of South Wales : 'Working with adults who have been sexually abused'
- Multiple training with Place2Be specifically related to work with children.
- Telephone counselling training; working with long and short term clients.
- ASIST Training (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training).
- Advanced Mental Health Awareness.
- Public Health Wales: Mental Health first Aid training.
- Sexual Violence and Substance Misuse training.
- Cruse Sudden & Traumatic Death additional training.
- Cruse a child's Grief additional training.
- Brief intervention therapy training.
- Protection of vulnerable adults training.
- Safeguarding children and young people.
- working with eating disorders training.
- Personality Disorders training
- Alcohol and the over 50's training.
- Sexual and gender diversity training
- Registered Accredited Rewind Practitioner
- School counsellor for 2 years in a primary school setting.
- Cruse bereavement support worker for 18 months
- Mind volunteer counsellor working in a primary care mental health setting for two and a half years , Mind commissioned counsellor working with private clients several years.
- Private practice with private and corporate clients.
- New Pathways counsellor working with adults who have experienced sexual abuse/ rape 18 months.
- 3 years experience working with a range of Special Educational Needs.
- Monitoring clients mental health in a GP setting.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Experience in working closely with individuals with a broad range of specific learning disabilities.
Photos & videos
- £40.00 Per hourly session
- The first session will be to assess your situation and difficulties, allow time for any questions you may have and will provide us with the opportunity to see if I am the right counsellor for you
- Telephone counselling sessions as per face to face fees (payable by bank transfer in advance)
- Counselling students compulsory sessions: concessional rate £30
- I am committed to helping people access professional psychological help and therefore have a limited number of spaces available for reduced fee clients at £30.00 per session. Please note that proof of unemployment or financial hardship is required. At times there may be a short waiting list for this provision.
I currently work in the centre of Merthyr Tydfil, in a private, comfortable and easily accessible room within short walking distance of ample parking. The building is fully accessible for wheelchair users.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me to dicuss times when you might like to arrange an appointment. I currently have some availability during the daytime weekdays and evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|