Debra Johnson MBACP (Reg) Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, RGN, CSS/SW.
Tyne And Wear
Chester Le Street
"Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life." JKR.
I am a fully qualified and professionally trained Psychotherapeutic Counsellor. I adopt a holistic caring and compassionate approach to my work.
I understand that everyone can go through difficult times in life and we all can benefit from genuine and caring support in managing these challenges. Are you feeling anxious or having personal, relationship or family difficulties? Do you need someone to listen to you compassionately and non-judgementally?
I believe in the restorative qualities of therapy and the potential for change. I can support you by offering you a relaxed, safe and confidential space to explore your personal issues in a caring, accepting and respectful way.
In difficult situations I aim to help you to:
- Understand your problems and clarify any confusion you may have.
- Challenge and resolve any negative beliefs and patterns of behaviour.
- Learn how you can manage your problems and move forward with your life.
- Cope with life's challenges and transitions more easily and confidently.
- Develop new coping strategies and resilience.
- Approach life with a clearer mind and a more hopeful and positive outlook.
- To get started
- Please call me on 07707741983 for a FREE 20 minute informal chat or you can email me at email@example.com
- I'll answer your questions about counselling and ask what you hope to get from it.
The next step
- I will offer you an assessment session which costs £25 without any further obligation. Here you can meet me and decide if you want to work with me and what to expect.
- If so, we can plan our sessions which last 50mins -1hr, the cost for these is £40.
Whatever issue is troubling you, please contact me to discuss your needs in complete confidence. I can offer a very flexible service including, evening, weekend and daytime appointments at a choice several venues where I practice. These include: DH3, DH4, NE37,NE38,NE34,NE32, SR1,SR2,SR6.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully trained Psychotherapeutic Counsellor and an Individual registered member of the BACP. I am qualified with a Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy. I have extensive experience working for counselling and mental health services including, Primary care, MIND, NHS and private clinical practice.
My accredited training includes working with anxiety, panic attacks, employment related stress, bullying, workplace conflict, anger management, bereavement, depression, low mood, relationship difficulties, loneliness, retirement transition, low self-confidence.
I also have successful clinical experience of:
Historical sexual, physical and emotional abuse, Macmillan cancer counselling, domestic and sexual violence, bereavement, phobias, panic attacks, clinical depression, health anxiety, eating disorders, Generalised anxiety disorder,family issues, Affairs and betrayals, Phobias, Gambling and Addiction, Hyper sexuality (Sex addiction, pornography & Internet addiction), Transgender issues pre and post surgery, LGBT, SAD, Post Natal Depression, Abortion.
I also have specialist experience in Nursing, Social Work, Law, Charitable organisations and Primary Health Care and embrace a holistic approach to my work.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
Photos & videos
Free 20 minute telephone consultation without obligation.
Initial assessment session £25 for a 50 minutes to 1 hour assessment without further counselling session obligation.
Counselling session £40. Sessions are 50 minutes to 1 hour.
I offer short, medium and long term counselling therapy.
I can offer home consultations for elderly or disabled clients.
I have an Enhanced DBS certification, Personal Indemnity Insurance and I manage all information within the framework of the Data Protection Legislation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer a flexible daytime service including out of office hours. I also offer weekends and evening appointments. Please contact me in complete confidence to discuss your needs.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|