Debra Johnson. Registered Psychotherapeutic Counsellor. MBACP, RGN, CSS/SW.
Tyne And Wear
Tyne And Wear
0770 7741983 / 0191 4179813
"Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tiptoe if you must, but take that step." Anon
Thank you for visiting my professional profile. I understand that counselling can be a daunting decision to undertake simply because you may not know what to expect.
As a fully qualified Registered Clinical Psychotherapeutic Counsellor and individual Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy, I understand the process from your perspective as a client and as a Therapist. I can explain the many positive life changing benefits counselling can offer. I also have extensive experience of working in the health care field as a trained Nurse (RGN) and Social Worker.
Here's what to expect
Firstly, I offer a free 20 min informal telephone consultation. It helps you to ask questions and hear my voice and I will hopefully allay any anxieties you may have and answer your questions about the process.
Secondly, when you are ready, the next step is to arrange an assessment at a reduced rate of £25, in comfortable and private surroundings and meet me at first hand. There is no obligation to continue, but if you do you, we can plan your therapy together creating a unique and individual plan of care.
How will you benefit from therapy?
You can achieve positive change, solve specific problems, resolve anxiety and transform your life and your relationships and move towards the life you really want.
I understand that everyone can go through difficult times in life and we all can benefit from genuine and caring support in managing these challenges. Are you feeling anxious or having personal, relationship or family difficulties? Do you need someone to listen to you compassionately and non-judgementally? I can support you by offering you a relaxed, safe and confidential space to explore your personal issues in a caring, accepting and respectful way.
In these difficult situations I aim to help you to:
- Understand your problems and clarify any confusion.
- Challenge and resolve any negative beliefs and patterns of behaviour.
- Learn how you can manage your problems and move forward.
- Help you cope with life's challenges and transitions more easily and confidently.
- Develop new coping strategies and resilience.
- Approach life with a clearer mind and a more hopeful and positive outlook.
- To get started
- Please call me on 07707741983 for a free 20 minute consultation or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I'll answer your questions about counselling and ask what you hope to get from it.
The next step
- I will offer you an assessment session which costs £25 without any further obligation. Here in safe, confidential and private surroundings you can meet me and decide if you want to work with me and what to expect.
- If so, we can plan our sessions which lasts 50m- 1hr, the cost for these is £40.
I also offer Walk and Talk therapy, taking advantage of our beautiful coastline, sessions last 1 hour and the cost is £30.
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered Member of British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy MBACP.
Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling. Northern Guild for Counselling and Psychotherapy BACP Accredited training programme.
Certificate in Transactional Analysis 2014.
MIND: Suicide Prevention Training. A life worth living 2015.
Marie Curie: Bereavement Counselling 2015
BACP: Working with binge eating and emotional overeating 2016.
Cruse Bereavement Care: Suicide Prevention 2017.
Registered General Nurse Training RGN.
CSS/SW Professional Social Work Training.
BA (Hons) Law Durham University.
I am also a member of CAPO, Counselling And Psychotherapy Outdoors, which is an organisation for qualified Counsellors and Psychotherapists who embrace outdoor therapy and I follow their ethical guidelines.
I have extensive experience working for counselling and mental health providers including, Primary care, MIND, NHS, Charitable organisations and in private clinical practice.
My accredited training and clinical experience includes:
anxiety, panic attacks, employment related stress, bullying, workplace conflict, anger management, bereavement, depression, low mood, relationship difficulties, loneliness, retirement transition, low self-confidence.
Historical sexual, physical and emotional abuse, Macmillan cancer counselling, domestic and sexual violence, bereavement, phobias, panic attacks, clinical depression, health anxiety, eating disorders, Generalised anxiety disorder,family issues, Affairs and betrayals, Phobias, Gambling and Addiction, Hyper sexuality (Sex addiction, pornography & Internet addiction), Transgender issues pre and post surgery, LGBT, SAD, Post Natal Depression, Infertility, Hoarding, Domestic Violence, Abortion, Eating Disorders, Body Dysmorphia and Spiritual issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Loneliness and isolation
- Bereavement and loss
- Relationship problems
- Anxiety, Stress and Fear
- Work and purpose
- Self development/Coaching/Mentoring
- Anger and rage
- Self esteem
- Meaninglessness and hopelessness
- Abuse: Sexual, Physical, Emotional
- Suicidal ideation and self harm
- Spirituality and life purpose
"Your Life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change." Jim Rhon.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Photos & videos
Free 20 minute initial telephone consultation without obligation.
Initial assessment session £25 for 1hr.
Counselling sessions £40 for 1hr.
Initial Couples Assessment £35 for 1hr.
Couples £50 per session for 1hr.
Students £30 per session for 1hr.
I offer single sessions, short, medium and long term psychotherapeutic counselling therapy.
I can offer home consultations for elderly or disabled clients at reduced rates.
I have an Enhanced DBS certification.
Personal Indemnity Insurance.
I manage all information within the framework of the Data Protection Legislation.
I adhere to the BACP ethical guidelines, including regular professional supervision and continuing professional development to offer you a highly professional and confidential service.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer a flexible daytime service including out of office hours. I also offer weekends and evening appointments. Please contact me in complete confidence to discuss your needs.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|