Deborah Osman MBACP registered BSC (Hons) in Systemic Therapy
Rhondda Cynon Taff
I’m an experienced and qualified counsellor and I offer a warm and friendly therapeutic service. My aim is to create a relaxed and non-judgemental environment in which you feel comfortable and safe enough to take that first step in seeking support or guidance in their lives.
Counselling provides the space to reflect on your situation with someone who is not personally involved and who does not judge or criticise: giving you the opportunity to explore your thoughts and feelings and in doing so find solutions that you are comfortable with. Counselling is a collaborative process and we go at a pace that suits you. Each session will last 50 minutes and what we talk about is confidential and entirely up to you.
If you feel you’d like to work with me, then please get in contact – We can arrange a telephone consultation free of charge, and if agreed, an initial appointment. This is a good opportunity for us to get a feel for one another, and decide if we would like to start working together.
Training, qualifications & experience
Professional membership and responsibility
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and abide by their Ethical Framework and am fully insured. I will treat you and our work respectfully and confidentially. I attend on-going professional development and regular clinical supervision in accordance with the BACP guidelines
- BSc Hons degree in Systemic Counselling.
- Registered member of BACP ( British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- ASSIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Level 4 counselling Skills and Theory
- level 3 life coaching
- level 3 mediation skills
- 3 years experience working at Substance Misuse Rehab centre as a trainee therapist
- 10 years experience working with charities providing telephone counselling for Employee assistance programmes working as lead counsellor
- counselling for Compass counselling
- Depression, sadness and low mood
- Anxiety, overthinking, fears and phobias
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Trauma and abuse
- Feeling lost
- Panic attacks
- Rape and sexual abuse
- Relationship problems
- Addiction, recovery and relapse
- Confidence issues and low self-esteem
- Workplace stress
- Understanding of self
- Finding inner strength
- Learning self-care
- Relaxation techniques
- Healthy coping strategies
- Finding calm
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
Single person £35 1 hour (including initial consultation).
There will be a cancellation fee of £15 if 24 hours notice not given as the hour will be booked for you at your request, you may be asked for the £15 on your consultation, which will be refundable at the end of therapy, if there have been no cancelled appointments.
There will be a concession for students with proof of study,the reduced fee will be £25 per hour. and for those in receipt of unemployment benefits.( proof of benefit required).
Each session will last 50 minutes -1 hour.
Appointments are available early evenings and weekends.
long and short term therapy available
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|