Deborah Malster Counsellor and Psychotherapist MA, BSc, Dip, MBACP (Accred)
I know from experience life can be tough and throw us many challenges. At times those challenges can feel overwhelming and it can be difficult to talk to family and friends about your struggles. Counselling can be one of the ways to help and support you during those moments.
I work in a warm, confidential and non-judgemental manner and by working together I would like to help you find some understanding and meaning in your life to help you move forward. If you would like to consider counselling please contact me to talk about things further. I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an experienced qualified counsellor and have experience of working with adults, older adults and young people (18-24) from various cultural and social backgrounds within the NHS, private, public and voluntary sectors. I currently work in the NHS and have a small private practice. I work with clients in many areas such as trauma, disability, abuse, depression, anxiety, bereavement, acute, chronic and terminal illness, sexual health and sexuality, ageing, low self-esteem, altered body-image, low confidence, addictions, bullying, relationship issues and work concerns.
I am an accredited and registered member with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Qualifications and Training:
- MA Existential Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Dip.Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative)
- Cert. Counselling Studies
- Cert. Counselling Skills
- Motivational Interviewing Training
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy Training
- Mental Health Training (The Open University and Enabled East NHS)
- Stop Smoking Training - Level 2
- Go Girls – Self Esteem Training
- Drug & Alcohol Awareness (EYPDAS)
- Sexual Health Training
- Family Focus Facilitator - Parenting
- BSc. (Hons) Social Sciences
- Cert. Managing Care
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Individual counselling fees are £40 per 50 minutes session.
Negotiated rates for students and those on benefits.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Chelmsford: Monday evening Westcliff: Friday afternoons and limited times Saturdays
Types of client