Debbie Horton Registered MBACP
I work in a down-to-earth, reflective and gentle way, to encourage exploration of the difficulties or questions which bring you to counselling and to support you to find your own way of moving forwards with them. I was originally trained as an Integrative Humanist Counsellor, but over the years this has been built on with further training, and is influenced by my own experiences and worldview. Talking together would be the mainstay of our sessions, and with the building of trust, the therapeutic relationship itself can be an effective agent of change, support and increased awareness.
I work with people over the age of 16 from a central practice room in Exeter, just off Southernhay and close to Princesshay shopping mall or a comfortable cabin in the centre of Totnes, with plenty of public parking close by. I work between 11am and 6pm for two days a week in Exeter, including one evening until 8pm, and in Totnes I can do appointments from 9am, and some evenings until 8pm are available.
Please email me if you would like to find out more. I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling (Dartmoor Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- BA Hons (History)
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- I abide by the BACP code of ethics.
- Previous work in an Exeter Counselling agency.
- I am committed to ongoing self-inquiry and professional development.
- I am DBS checked.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
My fees are as follows:
- £40 an hour in Exeter and £35 in Totnes.
- £30 for the introductory session
- Concessions are available for the unemployed, low - waged and counselling students. Please ask.
Totnes. There is a car park nearby or it is a 10-15 minute walk from the station.
Exeter. My practice room is very central, just off Southernhay and close to the Princesshay shopping centre. There are car parks or metered on-street parking close by.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
11am - 6pm in Exeter including one evening until 8pm 9am - 6pm plus some evenings until 8pm in Totnes
Types of client