Deborah Horgan DipCouns Accredited MNCS
61 Whitley Mead
07792587572 / 07792587572
I am a warm, caring, compassionate and qualified counsellor and I offer a professional service at a reasonable and affordable rate. I offer a block of six sessions or if the client prefers, an 'open-ended' arrangement, whereby myself and the client will discuss at regular reviews, how the counselling process is progressing and discuss the possibility of an ending but only when both the client and Counsellor feel that it is the right time to conclude the therapeutic relationship.
Each session will take place in a comfortable and private rented room in a safe and accessible building. All sessions will be in the same place each week and at the allocated time agreed by the client and counsellor. I will consider home visits if the client is disabled or unable to attend sessions because of health problems.
I work as an integrative Counsellor, incorporating 'Person-Centred' and 'Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.' I also use 'Inner-Child' Therapy and offer the chance for the client to work creatively. I am qualified and experienced in counselling adults, children and young people and am also a qualified Play Therapist.
I have helped many people work through difficult issues and have the gift of making people feel comfortable and totally at ease. I offer my clients a range of coping strategies where appropriate so that they may gain back some control over the difficulties they are experiencing.
I am a very experienced Counsellor in dealing with many different issues such as, Bereavement, Anxiety/Depression, (Panic attacks), OCD, PTSD, Eating disorders, relationship issues, Drug/Alcohol addiction, Physical, Sexual and Emotional abuse and more.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Counselling (Level 5)
- Specialist training in dealing with bereavement and loss
- Experienced in dealing with: anxiety, depression, OCD, relationship problems, low self-esteem, sexual, emotional and physical abuse, addiction and self harm, PTSD, panic attacks, eating disorders and more.
- Specialist training in Play Therapy.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have also experience in helping people who experience visual hallucinations and have helped people with this distressing condition.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
£30 per hour or £15 per hour for Students and people on State Benefits.
Shorter or longer sessions can be arranged accordingly.
I have four years experience working for Cruse Bereavement Care alongside my private practice. I am also a 'Child Counsellor' at a Children's Centre. I have a wealth of experience counselling people of all ages and offer a non-discrimatory and ethical practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available most evenings and weekends and some days.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|