Deborah Fields - Grey Matters Psychotherapy & Counselling (Registered & Insured)
21 Wigmore Street
01903373093 / 07810888636
Hello :-) Thank you taking the time to read and for being brave enough to get in touch
Therapy is sold as a safe, non judgemental environment. I disagree, I think a therapeutic relationship is holding and allows you to do the work that's needed, that can be uncomfortable and challenging and life changing. Judgement informs us of something allowing us to work out what is going on.
I use a variety of approaches & styles that encourage what is going on underneath to come out, which then allows us to deal with it. Psycho education is important too, understanding what is happening in your brain and body creates informed choices.
So, if you're struggling with
- How you feel?
- How you cope?
- How you think?
- How you behave?
then get in touch.
Undertaking therapy is for some, the first step towards self help. That healthy curiosity about understanding ourselves and what we feel, how we cope, how we think and behave.
My name is Deb and I work as an experienced Therapist in Lancing (close to Worthing & Brighton) Sussex and in London. I am the Training Director of an Eating Disorders clinic in London and we offer extensive CPD too for other therapists and workshops for those struggling with eating issues. I am also a supervisor there too.
I have put together a specialist programme for anxiety and panic attacks that people are finding useful and effective.
I work with:
Anxiety, Relationship Issues, Generalised anxiety disorder, depression, panic disorder, panic attacks, phobias, post natal depression, seasonal affective disorder, family issues, addiction, affairs and betrayals, separation and divorce, cross cultural relationships, abuse, pre nuptial counselling, sexual abuse, anger management, couples issues, bereavement, child related issues, parenting, children's issues, self harm, emotional abuse, alcoholism, gambling, drug addiction, drug abuse, drug use, sex addiction, porn addiction, masturbation addiction, eating disorders, EDNOS, bulimia, anorexia, binge eating, emotional eating, body image issues, body dysmorphic disorder, mediation, stress, low self confidence, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), suicidal thoughts, internet addiction, phone addiction, trauma, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), bullying, cancer, domestic abuse, BDSM, kink friendly.
I am an experienced, qualified and insured Counsellor and I am undertaking additional training in Psychotherapy and Supervision. I also have my own therapy as I believe in what I do.
I offer a range of Therapy services in Lancing & London, depending on your needs:
- Private Therapy – Talking about your experiences can help you release painful feelings and find better ways of managing situations you find difficult. By understanding events that have shaped your life you can overcome specific problems, such as compulsive eating or a lack of confidence. It may simply allow you to live a happier life.
- Relationship and Marriage or CouplesTherapy – Relationship therapy is for couples who want to sort out problems in their relationship. You attend sessions together to express your difficulties and develop a better understanding of one another. The aim is to develop a stronger, happier relationship or to communicate a better break up.
- Therapy for businesses or sports teams and Drama Groups – this is about making the best of the relationships within your business or group. Enabling people to grow and to want to do the best for themselves and for your organisation.
- Online Therapy – I use the internet with great success to work with clients who are unable to visit in person or who prefer to work online. Working over Skype is effective for most of the issues people bring to me however serious disorders are not candidates for online therapy
- Phone Therapy – I use the phone as a way of speaking to people with busy schedules and it is effective for most of the issues people bring to me however serious disorders are not candidates for phone therapy.
- Specialist Workshops & Break Through half days and days
Are you ready to take the first step towards finding your own answers?
Training, qualifications & experience
Education & Training
BACP & ITA
Diploma in supervision (current)
On going workshops & development
Bereavement and Loss certificate, St Barnabas Hospice, Worthing 2011
Trauma workshop programme 2011/12
Weight Matters eating disorders 2011
CRI substance mis use training 2011
The Wealden UKCP accredited clinical course in Transactional Analysis 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Accredited diploma in counselling 2010
Accredited Foundation year in Transactional Analysis
TA 101 2010
Certificate in counselling 2010
Advanced counselling skills 2010
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Sports mental blocks
Performance Anxiety Theatre
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
|Counselling Type||Location||Cost per 50 min Session|
|One to One||Lancing||£50*|
|Business & Workshops||Lancing||Upon Application|
|*Concession for those struggling financially
and counselling students
|Skype & Phone||Lancing||£50*|
I specialise in anxiety with a unique programme of nutrition, behavioural techniques and psychotherapy.
I specialise in eating disorders with a unique programme as above and also see www.weightmatters.co.uk.
I specialise in relationship issues and couples therapy with specific communication techniques.
I specialise in depression with a unique programme of nutrition, behavioural techniques and psychotherapy.
I also have experience in all the areas of counselling I have hi-lighted.
I also have many testimonials available from past and existing clients, please ask if you wish to see any.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daily in Lancing Mondays and Thursdays in London
Types of client