Deb Dillon MBCAP Adv Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
07921516918 / 07921516918
- I offer a safe and confidential space where you can find support. Whatever you bring, anxiety, sadness, trauma or overwhelm from life's struggles, I will be alongside you with empathy and compassion.
- I will listen to you and be there for you on your unique journey. I understand how difficult it can be to take this first step and I will support you to find your way at your own pace.
- I will help you to challenge with compassion and kindness limiting beliefs and behaviour.
- to bring the past into the context of the present to see what meaning this has in your life now. In this approach there is room for acceptance of what has gone before and a chance to let go of patterns that limit the present, providing an opportunity for change.
- I can support you to find your own answers and resources so you can move forward in a way that makes sense to you and your experince of life.
- I work relationally so creating a trusting relationship with care and compassion is key to the work I do. I believe that offering a relationship of unconditional care and trust can bring transformation. Through the relationship we create together you will have space to discover new ways to meet the issues you face.
- When appropriate and always with consent I may work with Sand Tray or other creative mediums to help bypass the mind and support the therapy process.
- I offer a free first session so you can experience the way I work and see if you feel I am the right counsellor for you to work with at this time. Please email or call me to arrange this on the above details.
Some of the issues I have worked on with Clients in Therapy
- Childhood issues
Trauma and PTSD
Emotional, physical and sexual abuse
Difficulties relating to others, isolation
Low self- worth
Anxiety and panic attacks
Bereavement and loss
- Parenting issues and concerns
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have over 8 years of Therapeutic Experiene.
- Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Advanced diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BA Honours in humanities
- Twenty years of experience with dance and movement therapy
- I have attended meditation and yoga retreats and mindfulness workshops.
- I worked counselling women in Refuges for over five years
- I worked offering creative play therapy and counselling to children in Refuges, individually and in groups for over five years.
- I held therapeutic groups for women in Refuges and Women's centres.
- I worked for Faces in Focus counselling young people of the ages 15 to 25.
- I worked on the Childrens Fund Project holding therapeutic groups for women, children and Young people.
- I work for the Dartmoor Centre for counselling and psychotherapy giving individual therapy sessions to men, women and young people.
- I currently work in private practise.
- My own deep experience of psychotherapy as a client.
- I am 43 mother of two children and have been married for 10 years.
- I am a Registered member of the British Asoociation of Counsellors and abide by their code of ethics and practise
- I am committed to self development and regularly attend courses.
- I receive regular supervision for my work with clients so I am fully supported in the work I practise
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- individual sessions of 60 minutes are £40
My counselling sessions are held in Totnes, Dartington and Newton Abbot.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available Monday to Friday day time with evening sessions available
Types of client