Dawn Stevens HPD/MBACP
Petts Wood Chiropractic Clinic
There are times in our life when we can become stuck, feel totally overwhelmed and find it hard to cope with day to day life. You may feel alone and not want to share your personal feelings with family or friends. You may want to talk to someone impartial to get a different perspective on what you are facing.
I will not give you direct advice or tell you what to do but by talking through some of your worries, your own understanding and awareness can be developed. To help you move forward, I can offer you a non-judgemental space to explore freely your thoughts and feelings, in a safe, empathic and confidential setting; recognising the individuality of your values, belief system and cultural background.
I work with individual young people and adults. I offer both long and short term counselling.
I am a registered member of the BACP (The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and work in accordance with their Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Substance Misuse and Working with Recovering Addicts Level 4 Accredited
- RASASC Training Working with Female Survivors of Sexual Violence Level 4 Accredited
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Suicidal Thoughts and Prevention
- Sexual Exploitation Signs and Procedures
- Radicalisation Signs and Procedures
- Domestic Violence and the Impact on Families
- Impact of Drug and Alcohol Addiction on Families
- Self-harm Understanding and Support
- Mental Health in Looked after Children
- Mental Health in Gang Members
- Advanced Talking and Drawing Therapy
- Understanding the Needs of Children & Families Affected by Parental Offending
- Mental Health and Mental Illness Ambassador Training
- Women in Danger level 1
- Women in Danger level 2
- Royal Borough of Greenwich Designated Safe Guarding Officer Training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Young people that are looked after by a local authority in residential or Foster care
Sessions cost £45 for 50 minutes.
I am able to offer a limited number of concessionary fee places to trainee counsellors and those on low income.
Payment are made by cash only.
I co-authored research on addiction - high lighting problem gambling - was presented at the BACP’s National Research Conference 2016, and received some acclaim.
I am a volunteer counsellor for a recovering addict’s service and a bereavement service.
I currently work in a Secondary School as a Pastoral Manager and Safe Guarding Officer.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday evenings Saturday morning
Types of client