Dawn Richards - MBACP
I am an experienced, qualified Counselling Psychotherapist working with adults, young people and children.
What’s so different about me?
- I look at the underlying causes and not just the presenting issues. This is because issues such as depression, anxiety, alcohol addiction, eating disorders, relationship problems, complex post-traumatic stress disorder etc, are the result of what has happened to you in the past and your current beliefs.
- I work Integratively where I believe that the answers to life's challenges cannot be found in just one area. I am an Associate of the Reach Approach where we incorporate a range of psychological and counselling approaches, philosophies and scientific research.
- I also work Holistically, looking at everything that affects you. This would be how you think and feel, your self-worth, your health, your surroundings and the people in your life etc. For example, when your health or nutrition is poor it affects how you feel about yourself. It could make you feel depressed, affecting your self-esteem.
- I will support you and end by providing you with tools for your life. This will help you to best cope and manage life beyond what is happening now.
- You don't need to be alone in your situation. I can help you find yourself again. To get to the real you. Having struggled myself for with a lot of issues in my past, I understand that getting the life you desire is possible.
When you come to Fresh Springs Counselling & Psychotherapy Services, Sutton Coldfield, you will be treated:
With respect - In confidence - As a person - With care - With kindness
Find further information
Look around my website on www.freshspringscounselling.co.uk and find out more information about what I offer as a therapist – if there is anything you are not sure about, or you have any questions at all, please telephone, text or send me an email. I also have my own YouTube Channel "Fresh Springs Counselling & Psychotherapy Service" where I upload information and motivational videos relating to emotional health and well-being.
You are welcome to call me for an informal chat and to ask any questions before deciding. I am more than happy to talk to you on the phone to see if we can work together. After all, counselling is an investment in you and you deserve to choose someone that suits you.
You could telephone me on 07748297480 or by email.
... It is the first step to a more positive future.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of BACP with a Certificate of Proficiency
- NCFE Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Theory
Year long Open University courses in:
- Child Development
- Exploring Psychology
- Cognitive Theory
- Social Development
- BA (Hons) Business Studies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
I have worked for over 6 years for charities supporting people with their addictions also worked in hostels and charities doing community development work.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Cultural issues
- Religious abuse
- Spiritual abuse
- Personal development
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
Fees vary depending on your income £35.00 - £55.00 income
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, evenings and Saturday mornings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|