David McDade BA (Oxon) MSc UPCA
07564325516 / 07564325516
Read through these questions and if you find yourself answering yes to any of them it may be that I can help you in finding different, more helpful ways of living your life:
- Do you find yourself always putting the needs of others before your own?
- Do you have a good job, a happy marriage and children and yet still feel hollow inside?
- Do you find that you start projects with great conviction and energy but they always end up left unfinished?
- Are you continually being let down in your relationships by partners who become distant and cold?
- Do you find it almost unbearable when you make mistakes and that feelings of shame linger for days?
- Is your mother never satisfied with anything you do no matter how hard you try?
- Are you the person people dump their problems on but they never make time for you?
- Do you always have a sense that you have done something wrong and are about to be found out?
- Do you feel you don’t deserve to be happy?
- Do you not really believe that your partner can truly love you?
- Do you want your children to have a better childhood than you did even though you are convinced you had a normal upbringing?
- Do you often find yourself anxious for days on end without really knowing why?
- Do you need to do things to make yourself feel worthwhile?
- Do you eat until you feel nauseous but never feel really full?
- Do you hate your appearance and wish you were someone different?
- Do your achievements leave you feeling anxious and empty?
For more than a decade I have worked with people with a wide range of emotional health and relationship issues in private practice, the voluntary sector and through the NHS.
For the last four years, I have also been working as a therapist with people affected by physical ill health problems or other disability as well as people managing chronic pain or in recovery from disabling accidents. In addition to this I have been providing counselling to people with a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome and their carers for the Kingston Aspergers Service.
Previously to this I worked primarily with people with a diagnosis of severe mental illness (diagnoses such as Bi-polar or Schizophrenia) concentrating specifically on addictions.
Training, qualifications & experience
MSc in Counselling & Psychotherapy
Certificate in Coaching
8 years experience
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
£40 per session
For information on counselling for people with a diagnosis of Aspergers Syndrome and their carers see my website: www.ascarerscounselling.co.uk
I can also see clients in New Malden by arrangement.
Off street parking available at both Wimbledon and New Malden.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|