David Lewis UKCP Reg., Reg.MBACP
34 Colombo Street
30 Jubilee Market
Hello, and welcome to my Counselling Directory profile.
My special interests are: Anxiety, Depression, Confidence, Procrastination, Relationships, Disordered & Restricted Eating, Unhelpful Habits & Behaviours, Life Dilemmas, Important and Imminent Decisions.
Open-Ended Therapy, 12 Sequential Weekly Appointments, OR Single Session - Your Choice
Most people chose to work towards an outcome within the framework of twelve weekly appointments, however some clients prefer a longer open-ended course of therapy. I also provide single session work (suitable for those people who are unable to attend weekly counselling due to practicalities, or for those who only require one session of therapy to address a single and important issue). For the two former options we can discuss which method might be more appropriate for your needs during an initial meeting.
Please do be in touch if you have any questions or queries or if you would like to make an appointment
Do not hesitate to contact me by txt, WhatsApp, voice or email (txt is the quickest!). I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes, David.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Registered Psychotherapist since 2008
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Member (MBACP) Counsellor and Psychotherapist since 2008
- UKCP Accredited Training Counselling and Psychotherapy - School of Psychotherapy and Counselling Psychology Regent's College (SPCPRC) London Validated by City University London (UK) 2006
- Single Session Integrated CBT - Professor Windy Dryden and SDS Seminars (2015)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Appointment Fee for 12-session or Open-Ended Therapy in London South Bank and London Covent Garden
- £75 per 50 minute session (Practice Hours 11AM-8PM Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
- Reduced fee slots are limited and based on demonstrated financial need.
Single Session (Integrated CBT)
- £290 includes
- Intake Session (by phone, FaceTime, Skype or Email).
- The Face-to-Face Session.
- A Digital Recording of the Session.
- A Verbatim Transcript of the Session.
I am an experienced psychotherapist registered with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP). I am also a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the Society for Existential Analysis (SEA). Between 2005 and 2010 I worked in the Psychotherapy Department at London’s St Thomas’ Hospital. Since then I have gone on to work in private practice, helping clients to get back on track with their lives and undertake the positive changes they want to make. I support my clients by continually developing their resources, skills and potential as they work towards achieving the results they want.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Sessions offered in English only.|
LONDON SOUTH BANK: Wednesdays and Fridays. 11AM-8PM LONDON COVENT GARDEN: Tuesdays. 3PM-8PM
Types of client