David Darvasi MBACP
15-23 St. Pancras Way
225 Shoreditch High Street
Drawing from experience I know that looking for a counsellor can be hard. I made my profile here as straightforward as I could to support you in figuring out whether I'm the right counsellor for you or not.
Each counselling relationship is different and so I work closely to your experience, aiming to get to know you more and support you with what is really going on for you. I view counselling as a collaborative process that facilitates your journey to be more at peace with yourself and your situation. It is a confidential space where you can feel truly heard. I'm particularly interested in supporting people to develop their ability to be with emotions that feel uncomfortable for them. The emotional resilience you can gradually obtain has the potential to transform your relationships and restore a sense of connection to yourself.
Taking the next step
- If you're feeling ready to take the next step just press the 'Email me' button above and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
- I offer a reduced rate initial session so you can come and meet me and feel comfortable with the process of counselling before committing. There's no obligation to continue, it's important to find the right fit for you.
- When you're ready you and I can arrange weekly sessions at the same time each week so you can depend on having that time to focus on you.
I practice from two locations and I welcome any questions you may have.
To learn more - visit my website www.beingwithcounsellinglondon.com
Training, qualifications & experience
I'm a professionally trained and registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. Since and alongside my core training I've done various different trainings and currently working as an initial assessor for the East London Out Project as well as see clients in private practice. I work bilingually in English and in Hungarian and call London home for 8 years now.
I work in accordance with the BACP Ethical Framework for good practice.
I hold a BACP accredited Diploma in Gestalt Counselling and I attend regular clinical supervision with a senior psychotherapist, as it is requested by BACP guidelines.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Anxiety and a sense of unease
- Loss of a significant relationship
- Low self-esteem and confidence issues
- Emotional growth and personal development
- Sense of stuckness and no direction
- Struggle with relationships and finding meaning
- Need to reflect on past wounds
- Gender identity and gender expression (binary and non-binary)
- Sexual identity - LGBTQ+
Photos & videos
Initial session (50 mins): £40
I currently hold some morning/daytime sessions for students for a lower rate.
Please, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about availability.
I work bilingually in English and in Hungarian.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday daytime, Wednesday daytime, Thursday daytime
Types of client