Milton House Business Suite
Milton Road South
Whatever your problem, from mild anxiety or lack of direction, all the way down to Depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, I am here to help you feel better now! I use a holistic approach and tailor your therapy to fit you. I use wide a range of tools and approaches to help you quickly move forwards to a positive future.
At my offices in Stowmarket, my aim is to help you feel better from your first session. Drawing upon experience working from solution focused brief therapy, CBT, Guided imagery, story telling, the power of metaphor and other effective methods we work together to give you the skills and tools so that you can lead the life that you need. my aim is to help you move on you from where you are today to where you want your life to be.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Paramedic registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) for the past 15 years which has given me a unique perspective into all types of human experience. Ten years ago I trained and qualified as a Psychotherapist with the Human Givens Institute (HGI) and have been in private practice since. I have maintained my registration, participate in regular supervision and attended various courses to widen my professional experience.
- How to motivate difficult clients and patients (British Psychological Society) 2006.
- Mental Capacity Act Seminar (BISWG) 2007.
- Professional Relaxation Therapies (SNHS) 2007.
- Hypnotherapy (SNHS) 2008
- Brief solution focused therapy (British Psychological Society) 2007.
- Brief therapy skills for stopping addiction (Mindfields College) 2008.
- Mindfulness Practice Workshops (various) 2010-2014
- Certificate in Resource Based Therapy (British Psychological Society) 2013
- Professional Qualification in the Therapeutic Use of Mindfulness (British Mindfulness Institute) 2015
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
My fee for an initial consultation is £60 and normally last for up to an hour and 15 minutes. this allows us time to explore your needs and work out a plan to find the best way forwards together.
Follow up sessions are charged at £45 for up to 50 minutes and I can also offer a block booking of 3 follow on sessions for £125. this saves you over 10% over individual sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Generally Available Monday to Friday 10am - 5PM. Some evening and *weekend appointments can be offered (*weekend appointments subject to extra fee)
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|