Damian Turner (MBACP) Dip Coun,CBT,Hyp,Supervision
508 Blackburn Road
01204 684 058 / 07968 862 223
With professional qualifications in counselling, hypnotherapy, CBT and supervision, I have considerable experience, knowledge and success working with adults and young people in a friendly, yet professional manner.
I am a full time counsellor / therapist working with private clients, schools, and Occupational Health companies.
I hold an enhanced CRB Certificate that allows me to work with children and vulnerable adults.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications include:
- Diploma - Counselling (Bolton College)
- Diploma - (Advanced), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (Salford College)
- Diploma - Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy / Psychology & Psychotherapy (Salford College)
- Diploma - Fieldwork Supervision (Inroads Training)
- Advanced Certificate - Therapeutic Hypnosis (Salford College)
Other extensive continuous professional developments include:
- Child Protection training
- Working with young people who have suffered bereavement
- Working with people with Gypsy, Roma and Traveller heritage
- Intro to feeding / eating difficulties from development perspective
- Working with young fathers
- Working with couples
- Understanding anger
- Managing conflict
- Sexual Health Awareness
- Mentoring Young People
- Substance misuse & young people
- Child protection & young people at risk through prostitution
- Counselling young people
- Intro to Narrative Therapy
- STORM (Skills-based Training On Risk Management)
- 'Positive counselling using a Solution Focused approach
I have extensive experience and success working with adults and young people aged from 11. My 17 years working as a youth worker and school counsellor makes me ideal at understanding teenage woes! I have also worked with Social Services, Bolton Lads & Girls Club and a local domestic violence charity helping young people to make sense of their lives and giving them the tools / strategies for their future wellbeing.
I have also worked within 9 schools around the North West helping pupils (and sometimes staff), deal with their circumstances.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am also a qualified and experienced Hypno-Psychotherapist. Not only have I helped clients to give up smoking and lose weight, but also to overcome loss and other psychological difficulties as well as longterm phobias.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to find out more about how Hypno-Psychotherapy can help, or visit my website, www.boltoncounselling.co.uk to read more.
We often spend lots of money going to the gym to look after our bodies, we may also buy clothes and other items that make us feel happy, but do we really look after our mental health?
A lot of my clients consider the money they spend on counselling and hypnotherapy as an investment in their longterm wellbeing.
Counselling (incl CBT): £50 per hour
Hypno-Psychotherapy: £90.00 per hour (1st Assessment £40.00)
Supervision: £50 per 1-1/2 hours (reduced rates for student counsellors)
Memberships and affiliations to professional bodies help both the therapist and client. It demonstrates to potential employers, fellow practitioners and clients that we are dedicated to practising responsibly, ethically and to the highest standards.
Like many colleagues in this directory I am a full member of the 'British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy' (BACP), and therefore guided by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
However, I am also a full member of:
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP),
- Counselling Children & Young People (CCYP)
- Healthcare Counselling & Psychotherapy (HCP)
- National Register of Hypnotherapists & Psychotherapists (NRHP)
I am passionate about the work I do and I want everyone to know that having 'counselling' and 'therapy' aren't signs of weakness in a person, it's a sign of strength!
So, to help me do this, as well as demystifying therapy, I have a regular column in 'Lancashire Living' magazine in which I explain and compare the differences of therapies, as well as what to look for in a counsellor.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am quite flexible, though my last appointment is usually 7.30pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|