Cynthia Buckland Reg. MBACP
Centre For Whole Health
12 Victoria Place
In my counselling sessions I offer a safe confidential environment one where you can be truly heard and valued for who you are, where you can explore things you may feel powerless to change.
As an integrative counsellor I work in a holistic and relational way, drawing on elements of different counselling models to suit individual needs.
Since qualifying from the University of the West of England in 2004 I have worked as a therapist within the NHS dealing with a variety of issues. I also have a private practice in Bristol and Weston super mare.
I offer an introductory counselling session of £20. This allows any questions you may have - there is no obligation to proceed should you decide not to. Following sessions cost £40 and each session is 60 minutes in duration.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma Professional Studies Counselling (2004)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (2005)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (2006)
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy (2006)
- 2 years experience at St. Peter's Hospice working with Terminal Illness
- 1 year experience at Aled Richards Trust working with people living with HIV and AID
- 6 years experience at Voluntary Agency ACAD (Addiction Counselling for Alcohol and Drugs)
- 3 years experience working with homelessness in various hostels and rough sleepers initiatives
- 17 years experience within NHS supporting people who were living with Mental Health problems to live independently in the community
- Started working in the Psychology department of NHS in 2004 and still continue this work part time.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Interpersonal therapy
Introductory Counselling Session - £20 (half price) This allows understanding of treatment and any questions you may have.
Therapy Session - £40 Each session is 60 minutes in duration and can be booked most weeks.
Individuation is also part of the work I am interested in although this may not be for everyone. It is more likely to appeal to those who are on a spiritual journey.
Individuation is a term created by psychologist Carl Jung to describe the process of becoming aware of oneself in other words to discover one's true inner self. Individuation is not about individualism, as the name might suggest, but a process of self-realization one which can reveal our unique blueprint.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have flexible hours available please contact me and see if I can accommodate your needs.
Types of client