Cristina Vrech MBACP - Registered Member BACP
Chatfield Medical Centre
Everyone can benefit from counselling as each one of us experiences challenges at one point or another.
You may be looking at this website because you’re facing issues and limitations in some area of your life that you want to shift and overcome.
People start for different reasons and at different times in their lives, often in moments of crisis.
I see the benefit from counselling and psychotherapy, not just people in life transition or crisis but also for who is looking at their own self development.
Presenting issues I work with include but are not limited to: relationships problems, bereavement, anxiety, depression, IVF, challenges in being a parent/son/sister/partner, confidence and self esteem issues, loneliness, addictions.
As hard as challenges can be they also carry the opportunity to enrich life experience and understanding.
In counselling you learn to look into yourself with increased awareness and to understand and reconnect more to who you are meant to be.
I offer Individual , Couple and Relationship counselling within a safe, supportive and confidential setting where you can:
- explore your thoughts, feelings and experiences
- learn new ways to deal with conflict, stress and relationships
- work towards greater choice and flexibility
- reconnect with who you are and live a more fulfilling and positive life
I welcome, value and have worked with people from all backgrounds, with innermost regard towards every individual’s identity, gender, sexuality, religion, disability, culture, ethnicity and age.
Counselling gives you a secure space where you can shift your level of awareness and understanding to take a more expanded view of life.
I offer counselling in English and in Italian.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Professional Experience.
My professional experience includes working:
- as a private independent practitioner in London
- directing Leone Centre Therapy and Consultancy
- as a counsellor for the Drugs and Alcohol Foundation in Sy James Park
- in mental health for a charity-based organisation in Westminster
- as an iIMCA
- in the financial sector in the City of London for many years.
I practice counselling in English and Italian languages.
My Main Qualifications
My qualifications and professional training include:
Diploma in Couple Therapy from Re-Vision Centre for Integrative Psychosynthesis,
Certificate in Couple Therapy from Re-Vision Centre for Integrative Psychosynthesis,
Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling from Thames Valley University in Existential and Person Centred Models,
Certificate in Counselling at Birkbeck University,
The Essentials of Psychosynthesis Training,
Self-Esteem’s module studies in Psychoanalytical Psychology at Birkbeck University
I continue, on an ongoing basis, to attend further and specific professional training, workshops and lectures.
My Professional Memberships
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (www.aiponline.org.uk) - the BACP register is approved by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.
I hold a membership for the Association of Independent Practitioners division of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I am an approved Provider for Cigna Private Health Insurance, Compsych and I work with a number of EAP providers.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- LGBT affirmative individual and couple therapy
- Self Esteem, Confidence and Motivation
- Cultural Issues
- Health issues affecting you or people around you
- Loss, bereavement and separation
- Loss of a pet
- Repeatedly behaving in ways that you regret
- Work related issues
- Dissatisfaction with life, or loss of a sense of direction and purpose
Initial appointment and fees
We will usually begin with an initial appointment, a 50 minutes session, where we can look at your presenting issues, you can ask questions and we can evaluate together what is the best way forward.
My fees are:
- £60 (from Battersea, SW11, Fulham SW6 and Belgravia SW1) for individual counselling (50 minutes session)
- £75 for couples and relationship counselling (50 minutes session)
Counselling students will be offered concessions upon availability.
Fees are payable:
- before the beginning of each session by cash or by Cheque payable to Leone Centre Ltd
- in advance to Santander - Account Name: Leone Centre Ltd, S/C 09-01-27 , A/C 38293436
For initial enquires you can contact me either by calling: 079 06045013 or by emailing me at Cristina.Vrech@leonecentre.com.
If you call you will usually hear my answer-phone where you can leave your message and contact details so that I can get back to you. Either if you call or email, I would generally reply within 24 hours.
During this first contact we could briefly discuss your issues and circumstances and eventually arrange an appointment for an Assessment Interview.
For any further information please go to my website:
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays to Saturdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|