Dr Craig Turnbull
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS). I have experience working within the NHS in primary care, secondary care and child and adolescent mental health services. I offer therapy to young people, adults and couples with a wide range of psychological concerns including anxiety disorders and depression. My practice is based in Darlington and provides a private confidential space to explore your current situation.
Finding the right therapist is important, for this reason the first session will give you the opportunity to discuss how we will work together so that you can make an informed decision. Following the first session therapy is tailored individually and aims to bring about positive change.
The therapy I offer is evidence based and draws upon different approaches:
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT): This approach takes the position that our thoughts feelings and behaviours are linked. Focussing on what is happening in the present, CBT enables individuals to make step by step changes in their thinking and behaviour.
Psychodynamic Therapy: Our current difficulties are explored in relation to our past experiences in a way that allows individuals to understand their current emotions, behaviours and thoughts and offers insights into relationships.
Integrative Therapy: Draws upon the above approaches and utilises these to create a therapeutic approach that fits your own experience.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (HCPC accredited)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology
- Advanced Diploma in Couples Counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
£45 per session.
Reduced rates available for trainees/students.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|