Jackie Knight MBACP. Accredited - Counselling 121
01827 370213 / 07714 999346
I guess the most important thing to ask about me is – Can you trust me or do you feel like we could work together?
It is important to feel safe enough to talk with me about really personal stuff because this is the basic need for a successful counselling relationship.
If you have not had counselling before it may help you to know that even counsellors have had to go through counselling.
It’s a very important part of our training, because how can we support you to understand how you might be feeling, if we have never experienced what happens in counselling ?
So... what kind of person am I? well... I trained to be a counsellor after having some big issues in my life.
An experienced Counsellor supported me to explore how to change what was worrying me, I knew that I wanted to be able to support others to learn more about themselves and make any changes needed to their lifestyles or relationships for a better future.
Some of my clients are via GP referral or recommendation. I have a successful private practice and have added online therapy and couples therapy to my experience. Because after working with traumatised children online either in chat room or private chat - I believe it's a way of accessing counselling in the future.
So that explains the last seventeen years of my life. If there’s anything else you would like to know, just send me a private message, or give me a call - that's probably the most difficult part... but if you've read this far, I guess you're ready to start moving forward in your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Registered on the BACP Certificate of Proficiency register
- I am registered with the government’s Disclosure and Barring Service, holding an Enhanced Certificate/CRB in place for children, adults and adolescents
- RELATE trained relationship counsellor
CPCAB – Counselling Level 1
CPCAB – Counselling Level 2
CPCAB – Counselling Level 3
CPCAB – Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Level 4
CPCAB - Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Level 5 - Legally qualified to carry out client assessments and counsel at senior level within agency practice and work independently in private practice using CORE/NICE guidelines.
Other attended Certificated courses:
- RELATE Relationship Couples Counselling Diploma Level 5
- Complicated Bereavement and Terminal Illness
- Studio III Training ‘Managing Challenging Behaviour In Autism
- Complicated grief around Children and Adolescents
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Brain Injury Workshop
- Basic Understanding of A B I & Behavioural Support
- Protection of Vulnerable Adults (POVA)
- Emergency First Aid inc. CPR
- Medication Awareness
- Care Induction Standards
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA)
- Protection of Vulnerable Adults (POVA)
- Diabetes awareness
- Midazalem Training (Epilepsy)
- Certificate in working with children in Counselling
- Mindfulness for everyday living
RELATE trained Couples relationship Counsellor working in Coventry and Derby
I have worked with The Mental Health Charity MIND, offering Counselling for a range of issues from depression and anxiety to difficulties with relationships, self-worth and low-confidence.
Hospice work in Coventry, Rugby and Warwick working with adults and children, using a person centred approach, who have suffered complex bereavement and, more recently terminally ill patients and their relatives.
I have extensive experience in counselling adults with generic mental health issues, incorporating depression, relationship issues, social identity, bereavement, anger and abuse.
I have also worked with a government funded programme to provide on line support to vulnerable young persons 11-17 years who may be experiencing emotional or physical abuse presenting with self harm, anxiety, depression, eating disorders etc This included the monitoring of a specially provided chat room.
If your therapy sessions are funded by an employer, please be assured that client confidentiality is guaranteed.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- First Appointment is £15.00 for one hour (£20 for couples)
- £35.00 Individual and £50.00 for Couples per session
(concessions negotiable following initial consultation)
I am an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I am also a Member of their Specialist Division for Counsellors in Private Practice.
For your reassurance this means that I follow a strict ethical framework for good practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments at a time to suit you
Types of client