The Tabernacle Trust
34-35 Powis Square
07411 100 655
How can you tell which therapist is right for you? The answer is: you can't, until you meet with them.
I am a qualified counsellor and member of the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists –working to their tightly formulated code of ethics. This allows me to provide a safe place in which to explore feelings and events that life throws at you, without judgement. I have experience in helping women and men cope with the challenges of parenthood, the grief cycle, sexual violence and identity issues - ethnic, sexual & gender.
I also have experience in helping children and their families, offering child-centred family therapy, including working with the issues adoption raises for child/adult and adoptive parents.
If you would like to explore working with me, please send an email. Alternatively, you may want to leave a voice message. I will call you back at the time you suggest.
I offer Integrative therapy, which means combining theories and modalities to suit the client and his or her life experience and preferences that will lead to optimise success at changing unwanted thoughts and behaviour.
- Integrative (integrating various schools of therapy, but also, aiming to help the client to integrate the conflicting parts of him or herself)
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, aiming to challenge self-negating thoughts that trigger low and anxious moods)
- Creative Therapy (encouraging creative arts as a means of self expression to enhance "the talking cure" in our session work)
- Person Centred (following in the footsteps of Carl Rogers –always allowing the client to author their experience and interpret meaning)
- Relational (helping the client to experience a supportive and healing interpersonal relationship through therapy in order to overcome an abusive or unbalanced blueprint of interpersonal relationships)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (the antithesis of Psychoanalysis, this mode of therapy is short term and aims to coach or tutor the client in "hearing" his/her own strengths and ability to strategise in order to overcome their given conflict or difficulty)
I have helped with the following issues to date:
Addiction(s), Adoption Issues, AIDS/HIV, Anger Management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Cultural issues, Depression, Eating disorders, Identity problems, Mental health issues, OCD, Personal Development, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy and Post-natal related issues, Relationships, Self Esteem, Self Harm, Sexual identity, Stress, Trauma –including PTSD.
Training, qualifications & experience
Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy, UEL, London, 2014
MA in Social Anthropology, Goldsmiths College, London, 2005
BA Hons in Liberal Arts, New School University, New York, 1997
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
"Existence pain", a term introduced by Irvin Yalom, is one that I find covers the vast majority of reasons a client might seek out my help.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
I charge £50 for an initial consultation.
From there, if we choose to work together, session fees are between £60 - £100 based on your financial circumstances.
My background in Anthropology give me valuable insights into all aspects of human existence from the rituals we humans engage in cross culturally at the time of birth and giving life right through to times of death and grieving. I also have a broadminded view on what drug misuse or mental illness might mean in diverse cultures and societies, so I do not jump to conclusions or judge the behaviour, thoughts or feelings of clients I engage with.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Spoken Spanish|
Monday - Saturday by appointment. Some evening sessions available on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|