I am an addiction specialist who has worked across the whole spectrum of helping modalities I initially began my training in 1994 and have continually trained in various ways since then to help develop my practice. I have worked clinically and holistically with many individuals. I offer consultation and training as well as being a management and specialist support supervisor which includes but is not limited to counsellor supervision. I specialise in setting up effective interventions for individuals, couples, and families. I am not aligned to any particular ideology preferring to remain open to the world of the client which provides a rich source of knowledge and guidance and to draw on research to inform my practice.
Over the years I have set up many community and residential clinical intervention programmes. I am also passionate about supporting self help peer led communities and believe in their effectiveness in helping individuals to transcend what has been otherwise life debilitating experiences. I offer both Counselling/Psychotherapy and bespoke Interventionist services to those who identify themselves as requiring this kind of help. I continue on in Post Graduate training and I have particular interest in addiction, dependency, detoxification, recovery, mental well being, spirituality, the phenomenology of lived experience and recovery for adults who have experienced and suffered abuse as children and who now struggle to navigate and enjoy life and maintain functional relationships as adults.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am currently a Graduate Member of the British Psychology Society (MBPsS NO: 188702) and a registered member of BACP. NO: 579105, I am an affiliate member of FDAP (Federation of Drug & Alcohol Practitioners). I am also the Managing Director of Chrysalis Supported Association Ltd (www.chrysalissupportedassociationltd.co.uk).
- Avon Council on Alcohol and Drugs (ACAD) Volunteer Drug & Alcohol (Intensive) Counselor Training Certificate, Then BAC (Now BACP) recognised.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology & Health Science, University of the West of England (1994-1998)
- Registered Manager @ level 4. St Monica's Trust Bristol. (2006)
- Various Motivational Interviewing/Psycho-pharmacology/Solution Focused Therapy/Supervision CPD Training's. (1998-2015)
- Advanced Auricular Acupuncture 220 point training. Acu-detox South West (2005-2006)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Addiction Psychology & Counselling. London South Bank University (2009-2010)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Existential Counselling & Psychotherapy (Award Pending) New School Of Psychotherapy & Counselling London. (2014-2015).
These are some of the relevant environments I have been involved with & worked within.
- Primary & Secondary Residential Drug & Alcohol Rehab.
- Tertiary 3rd Stage Supported Accommodation.
- GP Surgeries & NHS Walk in Centres.
- Voluntary Harm Reduction Non profit Community Organisations
- Private Drug & Alcohol Rehab.
- Peer led Self Help Groups.
- Specialist Structured Supported Accommodation for Drugs, Alcohol & Mental Health.
- In Patient Detoxification Units.
- Community Based & Symptomatic Detoxification Services.
- Quasi Residential Treatment Centres.
- Social & Supported Housing Services.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Individuals £60.00 for 1 hour.
- Couples £90.00 for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Concessions ie in training /students (with low income) or in receipt of benefits £30.00 for 1 hour.
- Supervision fees available on request.
- Groups (sliding scale of fees on request).
- Insurance paid fees available on request.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available weeknights and weekends please contact me for availability I can offer other times occasionally.
Types of client