Colin Agnew. Ad. Dip. PC. MBACP.
The Therapy Rooms
I am a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist and member of the BACP.
As human-beings we all face challenges. Sometimes difficulties can be worked through by ourselves or with the help of family and friends, at other times we may find ourselves stuck and unable to move forward to where we would like to be.
I can offer a safe and confidential space in which you can feel comfortable in exploring the difficulties that you may be facing and finding solutions.
My approach to counselling and psychotherapy is an integrated one, that is, I use a range of different models to create the best therapy to suit the individual. This is certainly not a one size fits all method of working.
I believe certain models of counselling and psychotherapy lend themselves to specific problems and issues; choosing the correct way of working will produce the best results.
The counselling relationship is paramount to successful therapy and given the right support and a safe environment, I believe people can become empowered to make the right decisions to move towards the goals that they wish for and resolve the areas of their lives which may have caused concern.
I offer a free half hour session in order that you might get a feeling of whether decide I will be the right therapist for you.
I practice from very comfortable surroundings in the centre of Wakefield. There is plenty of parking spaces available close-by and is close to bus and rail links.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Diploma In Hypnotherapy (Distinction)
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Distinction)
- MSc in Transpersonal Psychology (On-going)
- Certificate in Counselling
- Cruse Bereavement Training.
- Certificate in Issues Surrounding Sexual Abuse.
I have worked in private practice and at various charities since 2012 counselling clients with moderate to severe difficulties. I am currently studying for an MSc degree in Transpersonal Psychology. My experience covers a wide range of some of the difficulties associated with living such as, anxiety, depression, relationship-issues, anger, stress, bereavement and loss, trauma, sexual abuse, self-esteem and confidence, addictions, drug and alcohol related issues, work related issues, and self-enquiry.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I charge £40 per session. Sessions last 60 mins.
I offer telephone counselling as well as Skype sessions.
For couples counselling the fee is £50 per session.
Concessions can be arranged for unwaged people.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have found that it can be helpful to offer sessions outside of normal working hours, depending on availability, I can offer sessions from Monday to Saturday from 9 am - 9pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|