Colette Molyneux MBACP
Hello, there are a wide range of reasons that bring people to this page. Yours will be unique to you, although you may be surprised to learn that whatever your situation, however overwhelming it may seem, or however excruciating the thoughts playing in your head are – you will not be the first. Many others will have faced quite similar challenges, and felt as desperate as you may do now.
I’ve been counselling for many years and worked with lots of people; men, women, couples and adolescents. They all found themselves deeply troubled and took the step to reach for someone to help them work out a way to improve their situation.
There are such a wide range of issues which can tip the balance in someone’s life. There are terms for some of them (e.g. acute anxiety, depression, relationship issues, food and alcohol addiction, sexual and physical abuse, loss and bereavement – and terminal illness). You may recognise your situation in some of these descriptions, but more than likely they will sound a little too clinical– the chances are, your situation will be more personal and complex, tied up with you, your thoughts, your relationships and feelings – and it’s no surprise you can’t begin to figure out how to fit the pieces back together again!
This is where I can help.
I’ve supported people like you. Over time we can work through what’s really happening with you, what’s underlying it all – and then help you navigate yourself and your life to a place you may find hard to imagine now, but a place you will be able to reach.
Phone or email me and we’ll take it from there.
I’m a humanistic counsellor and base my work around Transactional Analysis (TA):-
- Humanistic Counselling facilitates you to gain a deeper understanding of who you are and how you feel. It provides a supportive, non-judgemental environment where you can explore your creativity, personal growth and self-development.
- Transactional Analysis is about personal growth and change. Its motivation is to enable you to achieve a sense of wellbeing and allow you to reach your maximum potential in life. It is used in many different fields – where ever there’s a need for understanding of individuals, relationships and communication. It encourages self-actualisation and change. It has proven to be extremely empowering.
I work in a quiet and discreet part of Winchester. I operate from a building dedicated to Counselling - the atmosphere therefore is one of total respect and privacy.
My room is easily accessible and located on the ground floor. There is ample public parking nearby and it is a short walking distance from both the bus and train stations.
I will also, occasionally see clients from my home in Wonston between Basingstoke and Winchester (again ground floor and easy parking). On rare occasions - when preferred.... for whatever reason, I am happy to arrange a home visit.
A typical session lasts 50mins and costs £45. Work with couples lasts an hour and costs £60 – No fee for initial meeting when we work out how we can work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified Counsellor specialising in Transactional Analysis (TA),
- Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (www.bacp.co.uk) and work to its ethical framework for good practice
- Member of HACP
Extended training in:
- Eating Disorders (London based training)
- Bereavement and loss (hospice specialist training and work)
- Young People/Adolescents (specialist agency training and work)
- Relationships and couples (training based around Transactional Analysis)
- Sexual and Domestic abuse (specialist agency training and work)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client