Cliodhna McPhillips .......... Reg. MBACP
224 Dialstone Lane
Need an appointment quickly, and cant wait months to be seen,with the current NHS waiting times , I can offer immediate appointments to start the following week, and my response time is within 6 hours of receiving your email, usually sooner.
The service is for Adults and Young People, face to face in a peaceful, quiet location, close to Stockport. Counselling is a weekly session for an hour , where you have a space to talk openly and freely about issues that are bothering you and interrupting your life , these can be current issues or unresolved issues from childhood, there are no limits on what you can talk about. The Death of a child and Bereavement are my specialist work as I have a vast amount of experience working with this client group.
Another area I work with weekly is anxiety and depression, and a range of other issues ( listed below) which are so common in today's world sadly, but this can be changed, counselling can help achieve that change. Please feel free to ring for an informal chat with any questions or queries you may have. People always ask me what kind of people come to counselling? so I decided to include the following:
My Clients typically include:
- Adults (male and female ranging in age from 19-90)
- Young People aged 11-18 - this can be arranged where I go into the school to see them or they can come to me, which ever suits your needs most.
- I also offer Corporate work, which includes Therapy for Business Professionals who are too busy to access Counselling outside of work hours. This has proved very successful in the past, especially if there are a few employees who would like to access the service. This would have to be set up firstly with HR and approved before starting Counselling.
I have facilitated and run group work also, with Adults and Young people, around Stress and living life to the full.
Face to Face Counselling:
I offer a Professional, safe, confidential, non judgmental, caring, and nurturing space for Clients to explore difficult and sometimes challenging issues, together we can work through these issues, to get you to a place where you feel more able to cope with life. I bring warmth, empathy, a genuine care for people, listening ,and occasional humor, where appropriate, to our sessions, which can feel very relaxing and less anxious for clients, and helps remove the stigma often associated with Therapy.
A recent example of feedback from a male adult client I worked with for 6 months was "Thank you for your support, encouragement, and guidance over the recent months, I am pretty sure without it my challenges would have been much more difficult, your support has given me goals, vision and above all Hope, so for that I owe you thanks."
A recent example of feed back from a young person I have worked with was." I like coming to counseling, you don't judge me, I can talk to you about stuff that I cant say to my Mum, you actually listen."
Outside of therapy, I am a Mum of 3, and with this brings lots of life experience also.
I look forward to hearing from you with any questions or information you require.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualified and highly experienced Professional practitioner, with 10 years experience working with clients.(Adults and Young People). I currently work and volunteer for a Counselling charity and have my own private practice also. I assess Clients for risk and suitability for the service, alongside working with Clients on an ongoing basis. I work on various projects within the charity. I also work with young people aged 11-18 in a school setting and Privately. I have worked for a large IT company doing in house sessions with employee's who would not be able to access counselling otherwise.
I am an Integrative Therapist, which encompasses 5 different models of therapy which allows me to mix and match to suit my clients needs. My Therapy includes, CBT, Psychodynamic, Person Centred, T.A, and Gestalt.
- MA in Counselling Studies, Years 1 and 2. Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling,,2005-2007 at The University of Manchester
- Professional Diploma in Counselling at Arden Campus Northenden, Manchester 2004-2005
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills ( 10 week course in 2004)
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts, Person Centred. ( Year long 2004-2005)
- P.O.D.S Training Day in Relational Trauma and Disorganised Attachment, Attachment Theory, Safeguarding Young people and Adults, (renewed every 3 years by law ) this is the the training I have attended in the past year.
- Regular and ongoing professional supervision attended in accordance with BACP standards.
- Registered Member of the BACP and Fully Insured to work as a Psychotherapist/ Counsellor.
Full CRB certificate available on request.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- The Death of a Child, working with Young People who have lost a parent, and parents who have lost a child.
- Childhood Sexual Abuse, and Rape
- Supporting Mums with ADHD and Autistic children
- Long Term illness, Terminal illness,
- Workplace Bullying, Disciplinary or other workplace stress.
- Marriage Breakdown and Divorce,
- Adoption.. supporting Mothers who gave a child up for adoption years ago.
- Supporting Families: working with the Mum of the family in very difficult situations.
- Corporate Counselling at your workplace, available also.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Gestalt therapy
My fees are £35 per hour.
This hour is made up of 50 minutes of Therapy and 10 minutes to record notes (a BACP requirement and professional standard.)
Corporate Work : £40 per Client per Session. ..Please call to discuss first.
Free Phone Consultation for initial chat or query.
Please bring along the details of your GP with you for your first visit/ initial assessment and details of any medication you are currently on. That would be very helpful.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon 9,30 10.30 11.30 12.30 1.30 appts times Tues: 7pm and 8pm eve apts only Thurs: 6pm 7pm 8pm apts Friday. 10am 11am 12pm 1pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|