C M Kael Cockcroft - Storm's Edge Therapy
Storm's Edge Therapy
9 Coldbath Square
I provide therapy and coaching for emotional, psychological or relationship issues. Based in central London, Farringdon, offering both focused crisis or symptom focused interventions (CBT, Coaching, Motivational Interviewing) as well as longer term psychodynamic psychotherapy. Coaching is a value tool for optimising developing both within your personal and professional life; there doesn't need to be a problem to get better - to be better.
Key Areas: Anxiety, Depression, Relationship Issues, Addictions, Stress, Trauma as well as work/career related issues.
- Personality Disorders; primarily using Mentalization Based Therapy (MBT) and Schema Focused Therapy (SFT).
- Therapy and guidance to carers of people that suffer from either mental health or personality disorders.
- Therapy and Coaching for Creatives and Activists
Training, qualifications & experience
I'm a London based psychotherapist and coach working in private practice as well as inpatient services. I offer assessments and psychological therapy to adults, couples and families. The clarity and direction of an initial assessment and treatment planning can be itself be valuable, even without continuing with our service.
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist (CPsychol)
- The British Psychological Society (BPS) Registration: 407587
- Associate Fellow (AFBPsS)
- The British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registration: PYL26327
- Registered Supervisor
- The Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors (RAPPS) - BPS
- Affiliate Member
- American Psychological Association (APA): 11207336
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist (CPsychol)
As a psychologist I'm experienced in the assessment and treatment of depression, anxiety, addictions, personality disorders, relationship difficulties as well as trauma and mental health issues. I have a particular interest in supporting careers as well as gifted and talented individuals.
You don’t need to have a "disorder" to benefit from support. Therapy and/or coaching can help with daily struggles, difficulty coping, relationship issues, feeling out of control as well has with defined disorders.
I use a dynamic, grounded and consultative approach to address directly what is needed. This has shaped a therapeutic understating of the range of emotional and psychological difficulties.
In addition to the core training in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, I have training in several specialist therapeutic approaches such as Mentalization (MBT) to practitioner status, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Schema Focused Therapy (SFT), PCT (Person-centred Therapy), Mindfulness-Based approaches and Family Therapy.
These are effective treatment methods for supporting struggles, Coaching adds a personal growth and problem-solving dimension that can truly enhance a development process.
I have a working understanding of Existential, Narrative and Transpersonal practises which is of great value in our multi-cultural context.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Storm's Edge Therapy Offers Specialist Therapy For:
Performers: Actors, Musicians, Dancers, Comedians, etc.
Creatives: Writers, Artists, Designers, Directors, Choreographers, etc.
Campaigner and Activists: Animal Rights, Political, Human Rights, Aid Workers, etc.
Gifted and Talented
We feel that these arenas have specific needs, a level of intensity and unique underlying dynamics warranting specialist interventions.
After supporting creative people through institutional systems, I identified the need to shape a service around their unique needs, lifestyles and goals. This led to Storm’s Edge Therapy aimed at providing a focused service for people at the creative forefront of an ever changing society.
During your initial intake session we will assess your struggle in the context of your lifestyle, temperament and goals. I aim for greater clarity on the difficulty and what is keeping you from a resolution. We will then come to an agreement around the future course at this point.
Intake Assessment: £100
For Counselling Directory users we are offering a discount for 25% on the intake assessment session. When booking your initial appointment use this referral code: CounsDir25.
We will decide on a treatment plan/direction and goals which are then reviewed every three sessions.
Ongoing Treatment: £100 per session
How to make contact?
Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07756 773797.
You may book an initial appointment for yourself at: http://www.stormsedgetherapy.co.uk/book-an-appointment/
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday: 3pm to 8pm Saturday: 11am to 5pm Other evenings can be negotiated.
Types of client