Clare Norris RMBACP MA PGDIp BA
Working from two private practices in Hale and Lymm, Cheshire, I offer a free 30 minute consultation which enables you to see if i'm the right counsellor for you. I'm an experienced Psychotherapist qualified to Level 7 (Masters degree) and a BACP registered Couples Psychotherapist Counsellor. I have a Masters in counselling, relationship therapy. I work with a variety of problems such as Anger Management, Depression, Anxiety, Relationship Issues, Aspergers, Transgendered issues or Affairs and Couples Counselling.
I am ideally situated for Warrington, Altrincham, Hale, Bowden Lymm and Cheshire. I work as an integrative Counsellor/Psychotherapist and have worked therapeutically with individuals and couples for several years. I work in private practice and have also worked at Relate Manchester.
As a specialist expert in Anger Management I offer a specific and unique course of face to face or SKYPE sessions where we work together to fully understand your anger and how it manifests itself, I use a range of therapies to uncover the root of your anger and the impact it has upon your life, then we work to manage your anger in a more healthy way, learning new coping strategies that you can use on a daily basis. For pricing of the course please see below.
I also work with relationship issues such as communication problems, conflict, affairs, divorce and separation, post natal depression, loss of intimacy, trauma and I work with same sex relationships and transgender.
Furthermore I work with individuals who may be suffering with anxiety, stress, depression, trauma, post traumatic stress disorder, aspergers, LGBT issues, break up of a relationship, menopause difficulties, suicide and self harm.
My Cheshire private practice is based in the beautiful countryside of Lymm where
ample parking is available, the Hale practice is ideally situated for both Hale or Altrincham. All practices have light and peaceful rooms which enable you to feel relaxed and welcome. Offering a great place where you can think and explore your problems in a tranquil setting to gain clarity and insight.
My clients value the anonymity and confidentiality of my practice, I follow the BACP code of ethics and am constantly updating my skills and qualifications with regular CPD training days
Training, qualifications & experience
MA Relationship Therapy & Counselling
Post Graduate Diploma Relationship Therapy & Counselling
PODS (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors) CPD Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment.
NScience CPD in Always Hurting the Ones We Love:Understanding Intimate Violence from an Attachment and Trauma Perspective.
BACP CPD in Beginning, developing and strengthening the way we work online.
NScience CPD in Eating Disorders: A Psychoanalytic Approach
BACP CPD in Legal issues in therapeutic work with children and young people.
Relate Certificate in Working with Aspergers
Relate Certificate in Working with Domestic Abuse/Violence
Relate Macmillan Certificate in working with Cancer
Beacon Certificate in Self Harm & Suicide
Beacon Certificate in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
UK & European Symposium CPD on Addictive Disorders
Psychotherapy UK CPD - Understanding & Working with Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Certificate in Counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
If your anger is getting out of control, or if the risks of losing your job or partner are becoming a reality because of your anger, then don't put off getting the help you need. I offer a free 30 minute consultation which enables you to ask as many questions as you like about the course I run and it allows you to take the first step.
Don't let anger control your life, it could cost you dearly.
i have successfully helped many clients over several years to understand their anger and manage it for the better, it has transformed their lives. The course is unique to you, as no persons anger is the same.
Take the first step to changIng your life for the better today.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
Initial intake session: 30 minutes - Free
Individual session: Lymm & Hale 60 minutes - £50.00
Anger Management session: Cheshire 60 minutes £55.00 (See full course price below).
Couples session: Lymm & Hale 60 minutes - £55.00
Anger Management Course - initial 30 minute consultation to see if the course is right for you is free. Full course of 10 X 60 minutes sessions taken weekly with the last session taken 3 weeks after the 9th session as a follow up. Session price is £55.00 for 60 minutes. Payable by cash, bank card, standing order or in advance in session. Payment of full course in advance £550.00 will receive a 10% discount.
Skype Counselling session - £45.00 60 minutes.
Email Counselling 850 words - £45.00.
Day and evening appointments available.
* Cancellations with 48 hour notice will be refunded 100% of the session cost, cancellations with less than 24 hour notice will not be refunded.
Choosing a counsellor who is right for you can be quite confusing, especially at a time when you need to make the right decisions for you, a time when you may be feeling overwhelmed by having to even make decisions.
To help you choose a counsellor consider the points below:
1. Ensure the counsellor is qualified. This is very important as any one can set themselves up as a counsellor, the right qualifications sets the true counsellor and psychotherapists apart. Counsellors should at least be qualified to Diploma level as a minimum standard and do ensure that they are trained in the areas they say they are experienced in working with, for example if a Counsellor works with couples in therapy ensure they are qualified to do so as there is a different dynamic in the counselling when there is more than one person in the room.
2. Check the counsellor is part of a regulatory body. Most counsellors join a membership organisation where they work to their ethical standards. I'm a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP).
3. Do they offer a free or discounted 20 minute session? Not all counsellors will do this and that is ok, however I feel that providing this service enables you to meet the counsellor to ensure you feel comfortable with sharing your thoughts, issues and fears with them. It also allows to check out their insurance details, certificates of qualifications they hold and that they have been CRB checked.
I hope my 3 tips help you in choosing the right counsellor and if you have any questions just give a call/email.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|