Clare Kiernan MNCS (ACC),Dip.Cons. Humanistic Counsellor, Supervisor BACP Reg
01268527757 / 07840416633
I am proud to be a Counsellor / Supervisor I work extremely hard to achieve perfecting the skill to enable and empower others to achieve. I am a natural giver, a great believer in giving back to the community which has enriched me further in experience and skills. I currently volunteer at a national mental health charity and now wish to extend a free service to our unemployed Ex Service individuals who have given so much.
Due to my extensive background and skills I am currently sourced by outside agencies to support teenagers families parents to reduce conflicts and stresses in family life and improve communication and healthier attachment relationships
My accomplishments involves working comprehensively with:
- Supporting disadvantaged children in building their trust, confidence and self esteem
- Empowering men, women, and young people who have experienced domestic abuse
- Enabling children and young people who are or have been a “Looked After Child”
- Supporting individuals in dealing with Redundancy, Loss, and Bereavement
- Working in HMP to address outstanding issues and current dysfunctional behaviour associated with addictions, drugs and alcohol misuse
- Supporting families with children with diagnosed or undiagnosed learning difficulties, social and school phobias
If you need help with work/life balance, relationships, coping with change, redundancy, adjusting to parenthood or settling into school, college or university, or feeling you are not 'fitting in'
E mail me
What to Expect.......
My approach is tailored to the individual, and is underpinned by my belief that we are all unique, and have the right to be accepted and appreciated for who we really are.
My goal is for us to achieve TOGETHER a mental tool box that will always be available, be full of resilience tools, resources you can facilitate in building better relationships, healing the hurt, addressing negative thoughts and feelings, overcome the fear, to recognise and facilitate your strengths. Once you have these empowerment tools they are there for life and can be shared with others.
I can and will help you deal with any issue...
My aim is to empower you to grow confidence, self-worth, and belief and have the courage to progress along your life's pathway... Let’s speak soon....
What happens now ?
Send me an email, outline what you would like support with.I shall aim to contact you within the first 24 hours,
I am a Integrative Counsellor, I abide by the BACP ethical framework for good practice. I hold an Enhanced DBS (previously known as the CRB)
I am happy to take referrals from individuals, a parent or carer; GPs and the NHS; voluntary or statutory services, educational settings or corporate sector
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
- Cognitive Behaviour Counselling
- Drugs & Alcohol Counselling
- Certification on Sexual Abuse
- Transactional Analysis Theory & Practice
- Certification on Drugs & Alcohol Awareness
- Brief Solution Focused Theory & Practice
- Counselling for Eating Disorders
- Relate Certification Couples Counselling
- Parental Engagement
- LDSS Diploma Development Support Services For Children and those who care for them
- Counselling Supervision Theory & Skills
- Motivational Interviewing
- Clinical Supervision Theory & Skills
- Sexual health Training
- Motivational Group Training
- Management in Supervision Theory & Skills
- Data Protection
- Equality & Diversity Training
- Attachment & Loss
- Play Therapy Workshop
- ESBC Multi agency Safeguarding Children Foundation Training Level 2
- Level 5 Diploma in Counselling Supervision
- Rewind Training (used for PTSD sufferers)
- Refresher training on Solution Based Brief Therapy
- Nottingham University IAPT Counselling for Depression
- 2 ESBC Multi agency Safeguarding Children Foundation Training Level 2
- CDS Certificate in Independent support service to families & young people with disabilities.
- Certificate Coaching & Peer Mentoring for “At Risk” Teenagers
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
A member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Membership No: 547451.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
You may have tried other types of counselling before and found they did not seem to work for you, I offer a broad spectrum of therapeutic interventions.........Workshops or 1:1 sessions
SEND (Special Educational Needs Disability) Autism / Aspergers/ ADHD.........
Work and Career issues ..... Redundancy...Management bullying.....Disability
Survivors of violence ...... Domestic abuse
Coaching / Workshops with teenagers on school phobia.........finding it difficult to go into school,
Witness to Domestic abuse....Troubled Teenagers.......Finding meaning & direction in life.........Repeating unhelpful behaviour.......Developing self-awareness ...a pattern of things that keep going wrong......Anger management..... identity issues..... panic/ anxiety attacks ......stress....... feeling angry and 'out-of-control' with their anger.....dealing with the after effects of parent's splitting up.........experiencing bullying.....friendships......self harm......cyber bullying.......recovery from abuse or other kinds of trauma.........anxiety about sexuality........feeling depressed or suicidal.........help you to take control of your life.......self-esteem & confidence issues
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
If you would like the opportunity to speak to me prior to commencing Counselling, I offer a free initial half hour consultation.
My Counselling fee structure allows for some flexibility, fees start from £45 individuals £65 Couples
weekend appointments limited availability
Professional Supervision for Corporate Organisations & training counsellors please contact for prices and visit my supervision profile as I am able to offer you clinical supervision with extensive knowledge and experience.
Skype / Telephone Sessions have a slight discount of £5.00 off current prices
I also have some availability to offer a reduced fee to Counselling Students and those on low incomes who can provide proof.
Cancellation policy discussed in consultation
FAMILY IN NEED OF SOLUTIONS
If you are seeking answers to difficulties then I can help. I have supported families and teenagers daily for 15 years. I can offer you an individual package to suit your family needs.
All families are unique and the answer to solving long term / current difficulties is not on the Internet or in a textbook, it requires a human touch, a facilitator who has the skill and specialism in recognising strengths and can guide your children through the difficult times. Encourage positive change in a sensitive and secure atmosphere and ensure they have life time skills to apply through any difficulty they may face.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
As an Integrative supervisor I am able to offer you clinical supervision with extensive knowledge and experience.View supervision profile