Claire Mcritchie Registered Member BACP (Accred). PGDip.
(44) 7834 492328
I offer a choice of ON-LINE therapies which include: psychodynamic psychotherapy/counselling, analytical hypnotherapy and solution focused and cognitive hypnotherapy and I specialise in helping people overcome emotional eating and those experiencing anxiety.
I have included information below about the positive outcomes that on-line therapy has in comparison to face to face sessions.
Articles about online counselling:
The Within Reach Emotional Disordered Eating Programme: Taking control of your eating.
Does it feel like your eating habits are out of control?
Are you eating even when you are not hungry?
Do your emotions sometimes control what you eat?
Do you want to regain control?
The WithinReach with our Mindful Emotional Eating Programme can help you overcome your disordered eating.
Uncontrolled eating, obsessive eating, out of control eating, binge eating - no matter the label are all signs of disorded eating which has it`s roots in emotional triggers.
Disordered eating is slowly being recognised as a form of addiction - a compulsion that cannot be controlled.
The programme will identify your Disordered Eating scale, identify what your emotional triggers might be and includes exercises designed to slow down and challenge your impulsive Eat Response.
Hit the reset button on your eatings habits and take control back.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT ON YOUR KICK-START PROGRAMMEß
- An evaluation of your current eating habits and an assessment of the emotional triggers that prompt eating.
- A new eating plan. This is not a diet. This a plan to help kick start your new approach to food and to wipe the slate clean.
- Habit breaking mindful eating exercises to support the new Kick Start approach.
- Regular therapy and mindfulness sessions to help you begin to understand and undo the emotional triggers that `control` your eating.
- Visualisation exercises to keep you motivated and on track.
- The plan does not ask you weigh yourself. You will be advised to take measurements weekly, and to identify an item of clothing that does not currently fit – these will be your motivations.
- Optional hypnotherapy audios – these are not generic but are written for you using the work we do together as a guide to what will optimise your programme.
- Hypnotherapy sessions are recorded separately and are £25.00. They are sent as an audio file for you to keep and listen to at any time.
Comments from previous WithinReach Emotional Eating programme participants:
“it has all finally clicked and I now have a normal relationship with food. I don’t have to diet anymore.”
“as if by magic my need to have chocolate and cakes has gone!”
“I understand now the hole I was trying to fill with food, and I don’t need to fill it.”
Training, qualifications & experience
University Certificate Integrative Counselling.
Post Graduate Diploma Psychodynamic Counselling.
Dip Solution Focused Brief Hypnotherapy.
Dip Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
Certificate in Coaching.
Cert Group Therapy Tools
Member of BACP Counselling Childrens and Young People Division.
Member National Council for Hypnotherapy.
Member Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy.
I have experience in working in a secondary care NHS psychotherapy supporting clients in the following area:
- Couples / relationship issues
- Relationship / couples counselling
- Low self-confidence.
- Relationship issues
- Eating disorders.
- weight control
- Anxiety relief
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder.
- Young persons counselling.
- Phobia control.
- Survivors of sexual abuse.
- Surviving miscarriage and infertility.
- Diet coaching
- Diet counselling
- Pre-nuptial counselling.
- Post traumatic stress disorder.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
- Counselling psychotherapy sessions £38 per session
- Mindful Eating Programme £45 per session. 3 x sessions
- Anxiety Programme £40 per session. 8 sessions in total.
Please view my events page for more information on the support I can offer.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible availability including evenings and Saturdays. Please contact me
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|