Claire Mcritchie Registered Member BACP (Accred). PGDip.
(44) 7834 492328
I offer a choice of therapies which include: psychodynamic psychotherapy/counselling, analytical hypnotherapy and solution focused and cognitive hypnotherapy and I specialise in helping people overcome emotional eating and those experiencing anxiety.
8 Session Understanding and Overcoming Anxiety Programme.
If you are experiencing anxiety I offer an 8 session on-line programme to help you understand and overcome the triggers to your anxiety. The programme also includes exercises aimed at slowing and re-focusing your brains habitual reaction to anxiety provoking situations. This programme is delivered using on-line therapy sessions and at home exercises. Plesae contact me for a programme outline. Prices can be found below.
I have included informatio below about the positive outcomes that on-line therapy has in comparison to face to face sessions.
In addition to the specialist programmes, I offer counselling for many other issues and spent many years working in secondary care supporting people with a wide range of problems.
Counselling – how is it delivered:
- SKYPE text or video counselling
- Email / exercise driven counselling.
- On-line group Support: for emotional eating and social anxiety.
Articles about online counselling:
The Within Reach Emotional Disordered Eating Programme: Taking control of your eating.
Does it feel like your eating habits are out of control?
Are you eating even when you are not hungry?
Do your emotions sometimes control what you eat?
Do you want to regain control?
The WithinReach with our Mindful Emotional Eating Programme can help you overcome your disordered eating.
Uncontrolled eating, obsessive eating, out of control eating, binge eating - no matter the label are all signs of disorded eating which has it`s roots in emotional triggers.
Disordered eating is slowly being recognised as a form of addiction - a compulsion that cannot be controlled.
The programme will identify your Disordered Eating scale, identify what your emotional triggers might be and includes exercises designed to slow down and challenge your impulsive Eat Response.
Hit the reset button on your eatings habits and take control back.
In the Emotional Eating programme you will learn how to;
- Identify those times when your Eat Response takes over.
- Learn easy but effective techniques to slow down this automatic Eat Response.
- Understand why certain foods seem to hold power over you.
- Then learn the techniques to take that control back.
These techniques will slow down years of habitual eating habits and allow you to take control back.
Weight loss becomes a natural progression – no more costly diet clubs and no more food restrictions.
This is a programme that puts you back in control of eating. No lectures on what you eat. No weigh-in. No judgement.
Comments from previous WithinReach Emotional Eating programme participants:
“it has all finally clicked and I now have a normal relationship with food. I don’t have to diet anymore.”
“as if by magic my need to have chocolate and cakes has gone!”
“I understand now the hole I was trying to fill with food, and I don’t need to fill it.”
On-Line Anxiety Programme: Overcoming Generalised or Social Anxiety
- Do you find that your relationship, friendships, work relationships are at risk of failing because of anxiety?
- Do you monitor what you say for fear of how you come acros?
- Do you believe that you sometimes make comments that are taken the 'wrong' way and lead to more anxiety?
- Do you find that a simple question can sometimes leave you feeling insecure and questioning yourself and who you are?
- Do you feel stuck because of anxiety?
- Do you find that you often avoid voicing your opinions?
- Do previous experiences dictate how you behave in `here and now`situations.
- Is anxiety stopping you from living a full and enjoyable life?
If you answer yes to any of the above then anxiety specific counselling can help. Please make contact for more information.
Training, qualifications & experience
University Certificate Integrative Counselling.
Post Graduate Diploma Psychodynamic Counselling.
Dip Solution Focused Brief Hypnotherapy.
Dip Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
Certificate in Coaching.
Cert Group Therapy Tools
Member of BACP Counselling Childrens and Young People Division.
Member National Council for Hypnotherapy.
Member Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy.
I have experience in working in a secondary care NHS psychotherapy supporting clients in the following area:
- Couples / relationship issues
- Relationship / couples counselling
- Low self-confidence.
- Relationship issues
- Eating disorders.
- weight control
- Anxiety relief
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder.
- Young persons counselling.
- Phobia control.
- Survivors of sexual abuse.
- Surviving miscarriage and infertility.
- Diet coaching
- Diet counselling
- Pre-nuptial counselling.
- Post traumatic stress disorder.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
- Counselling psychotherapy sessions £38 per session
- Mindful Eating Programme £45 per session. 3 x sessions
- Anxiety Programme £40 per session. 8 sessions in total.
Please view my events page for more information on the support I can offer.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible availability including evenings and Saturdays. Please contact me
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|